Tony Sparano speculation... | The Boneyard

Tony Sparano speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From Chip Malafronte's Sunday rant in the New Haven Register:
"The South Florida Sun Sentinel speculated that Tony Sparano, fired as head coach of the Miami Dolphins this week, could wind up as as assistant on Pasqualoni's staff at UConn.
It was conjecture based on Sparano's New Haven roots and his relationship with Pasqualoni. But it seems like an unlikely match for now. UConn has an offensive coordinator, ans Sparano will have plenty of NFL opportunities soon."

Reaction Score
If Sparano was 10 years older and looking to set up his retirement nest in New England then maybe he'd be a candidate for quarterbacks/receivers coach but he has too much coaching still in him. Edsall's replacement maybe?

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni may be looking for a successor? 3 years of PP then pass on the baton to the coach in waiting?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Maybe DeLeone is also not planning on spending too much longer in the coaching ranks or is willing to shuffle his job responsibilities?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
If no NFL teams scoop Sparano up as an assistant, a co-OC/QB coaching gig with PP/DeLeone near home would be a nice fallback for him.

Of course if that happens, we may see a big dropoff in alumni donations from one Donald Thomas, lol...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I posted a thread about this when Sparano was fired...one poster thought I was totally off base...guess My idea wasn't that far fetched
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/tony-sparano.8963/#post-106658

Just because some random blogger posts it, does not make it realistic. He admits that it is not based on any information or sources, it is just linking that they have a relationship. Like I said before, if there was coordinator job available, then it might be possible (but still not likely). But your original post suggested that Sparano would come to UConn as an OL coach (to replace Foley). I still say say that is unrealistic. But if that does happen, I will be the first to say that you were right and I was wrong. But I see very little chance of that happening.

Reaction Score
You have to believe that Sparano will land with an NFL team. For a guy to go from NFL head coach to college assistant, and not a high profile assistant's position at that, would be one hell of a tumble. I'm not saying that I expect Sparano to be an NFL head coach again, but he clearly belongs in the NFL in some capacity.

Reaction Score
Why would an NFL former coach whose contract runs out in 2013 take an Assistants job in North Eagleville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Why would an NFL former coach whose contract runs out in 2013 take an Assistants job in North Eagleville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heck, why not? Come back ( for probably no more than a year .. kinda like vacation from the pros until another team comes a callin for his services ) and help TEACH UCONN football how to work towards the big time...

Reaction Score
If we can get him, he would be great. The personal connection can sometimes change the equation. But still, I think Sparano has his sights set pretty high.

Also I don't think Coach P wants a Head Coach in waiting. I don't think we do either. I think Coach P sees himself here 10 years at a minimum.

Reaction Score

maybe he really likes our ice cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul