Omar 8
Dham 7
Facey 6
Purvis 5
Lubin 4
Cassell Jr. 3
Samuel 2

Phil zipperoni

Great balanced scoring, yet hard to believe that 9 guys scored yet all had unique totals. We definitely won't see that again any time soon.

Reaction Score
Quiet as its kept we have a pretty productive bench. Perhaps not uk like, but certainly what we need.

Was Nolan hurt?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Quiet as its kept we have a pretty productive bench. Perhaps not uk like, but certainly what we need.

Was Nolan hurt?
No. He let his defender take 3 wide open jumpers, then used his signature spin move to brick it off the side of the backboard. I don't think he played after that.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about nolan's problem with defensive boards and noticed something on a few of the series he was in on. 1 on 1 he is really an average-good defender and I don't think that's a problem against most players/teams. However, every time coming off screens or switches he jumps out to the other man and gets pulled way out of position. He did this a few times last night and really got burned. I think he just needs to have some more faith in his guards coming off those screens and stay home in the post...that and put those extra 20 pounds of muscle to use in the paint.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I was thinking about nolan's problem with defensive boards and noticed something on a few of the series he was in on. 1 on 1 he is really an average-good defender and I don't think that's a problem against most players/teams. However, every time coming off screens or switches he jumps out to the other man and gets pulled way out of position. He did this a few times last night and really got burned. I think he just needs to have some more faith in his guards coming off those screens and stay home in the post...that and put those extra 20 pounds of muscle to use in the paint.

The muscle is gone. Do you see how thin he looks? He is also the 2nd worst rebounder on the team, behind Purvis who just runs down for the fast break before we even secure the rebound. Phil does not understand the concept of boxing out, which is scary for a veteran big man with championship experience.

Reaction Score
the team is adjusting to KO's offense. The guy is doing whaat elite coaches do, stuff a system down the throat of a team. let them struggle, eventually they will know it like the back of their hands. players will know where other players should be on the court/ different reads

Reaction Score
The muscle is gone. Do you see how thin he looks? He is also the 2nd worst rebounder on the team, behind Purvis who just runs down for the fast break before we even secure the rebound. Phil does not understand the concept of boxing out, which is scary for a veteran big man with championship experience.
A UConn player once told me...

"It's easy to put on weight in the off season. Keeping it on during the season is the hard part."

Makes a lot of sense. It's hard to keep the weight on when you are going through grueling practices every day and games a couple times a week, burning lots of calories and probably not eating incredibly well between classes, hoops, parties, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom