Tonight's Game | The Boneyard

Tonight's Game

Reaction Score
I will be very surprised if we don't come out tonight with a little chip on our shoulder about being 0-4 vs the Blue jays over the past two seasons. Still waiting to put together two solid halves. Tonight could be the night. I expect us to play very well. Lay the 4 points. Go UConn!!!!!!!!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Creighton is going to slow pace and run sets in a very structured effort. We need to muddy it up make it physical, fast pace, high intensity. Force them to play our style.

Reaction Score
I am feeling good about us just blasting them, we are a better team, we are hot, we are motivated and they are missing their point guard

Reaction Score
I am feeling good about us just blasting them, we are a better team, we are hot, we are motivated and they are missing their point guard
They're also playing at home, coming off an embarrassing loss, fighting for their Tournament life, and had a game under their belt to figure things out without Nembhard.

Reaction Score
They're also playing at home, coming off an embarrassing loss, fighting for their Tournament life, and had a game under their belt to figure things out without Nembhard.
not sure what they figured out without Nembard besides that theyre in big trouble. i seldom throw the phrase around but maybe i'm drinking the koolaid; this would be a bad loss for a team hoping for a 3 or 4 seed. the next time we lose it should either be in the BET semis, finals, and/or sweet 16. anything else would be a disappointment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They have a short bench. Got to take their dollar beer night mojo away from them and keep crowd out of game early. Business trip for the Huskies. Run and gun the three ball

Reaction Score
I was encouraged to hear Hurley stress the importance of this one. I hope they play with energy from the jump. For the same reason that it's a monkey to get off their back, this one makes me nervous. On the road even moreso.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You have to think Hurley drilled it into everyone’s skulls what our record is against them. I doubt the team needs motivation anyways. But Creighton is a massive monkey on their backs. Put ‘em away early.

Reaction Score
not sure what they figured out without Nembard besides that theyre in big trouble. i seldom throw the phrase around but maybe i'm drinking the koolaid; this would be a bad loss for a team hoping for a 3 or 4 seed. the next time we lose it should either be in the BET semis, finals, and/or sweet 16. anything else would be a disappointment.
This would be an atrocious loss, but that doesn't mean that for every narrative reason in our favor, there aren't similar narratives on the other side.

Reaction Score
This season’s loss to Creighton has been the head scratcher loss of the season that many predicted would happen. We’re a far better team with more talent at this point of the season. We will stomp them.

Reaction Score
If I'm McDermott, I'm playing up the backs against the wall / nobody believes in us factor to rally the troops. Then it's a question of whether that OR our (objective) talent advantage sans Nembhard and motivation at being winless against them carries the day. I hope the boys comes out with a chip on their shoulder the size of a boulder AND can harness that anger/motivation to methodically take them out of the game (i.e., not racking up fouls by jumping through the ceiling on every head fake, etc.). My gut tells me this isn't going to be as easy as it looks on paper.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I hope we win. Winning comfortably would be very nice
I have reported you to Boneyard authorities for this sensible, reserved post. Inflammatory opinions here only, good sir.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
keep in mind it's dollar beer night
I'm with Benedict on this, I'll believe it when I see evidence. The release said $1 beverage, not $1 beer. Has anyone seen proof yet?

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I'm with Benedict on this, I'll believe it when I see evidence. The release said $1 beverage, not $1 beer. Has anyone seen proof yet?
What other beverage is there than beer? What are you going to drink, water?

Reaction Score
Xavier looks really bad again. They are in total freefall. They could easily play their way out of the Tournament and put Steele on the hot seat sooner than anyone could have imagined a month ago.

Reaction Score
It’s all over Creightons Twitter and they did a special on FS1 about it

Reaction Score
Let’s get out with a win - and if we loose - let’s try and membah how positive the last two weeks have been haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom