tonight's attendance | The Boneyard

tonight's attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I had NOTHING to do this evening and still didnt go see the game in person.

and Im 5 minutes away.

cause it was Townson, it was on TV, saved $12.00... didnt have to look for parking AND didnt get dressed!

all while eating baked chicken, with rice and stuffing!

tuned in to watch UNC get spanked during UConn timeouts.

enjoyed the replays and Meghan breaking down plays

and was able to catch Baseball Wives from the beginning!

Good Game UConn

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had NOTHING to do this evening and still didnt go see the game in person.

and Im 5 minutes away.

cause it was Townson, it was on TV, saved $12.00... didnt have to look for parking AND didnt get dressed!

all while eating baked chicken, with rice and stuffing!

tuned in to watch UNC get spanked during UConn timeouts.

enjoyed the replays and Meghan breaking down plays

and was able to catch Baseball Wives from the beginning!

Good Game UConn
"Didn't get dressed." Too much information! :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If this had been a good night to take my daughter to a game, I might have considered it. Kids do love a good 60-point beatdown. Otherwise, it would have been tough to justify going to a matchup destined to be this unappealing.

I'm going to assume DC meant "not getting dressed suitable to be seen in public" rather than "hung out at home in the buff", though I suppose one has a right to do as one pleases in the privacy of one's home...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Spent $15 on a ticket 4 rows from the court behind the writers. thanks MikeBraddock!!! Got to see a few friends. Said hello to John A. Caught another shirt from a cheerleader and gave it to a little girl in front of me. Didn't pay for parking as I parked on the street. Watched the end of the Florida State / Ohio State game when I got home.

Love watching this team, even in blowouts.

sTu

Reaction Score
I love games people choose not to go to at the XL Center. I walked down to court level and watched from center court opposite DD. Watching the team in person with the associated sights and sounds and not having to follow what the camera follows is exciting.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If I lived close to Storrs I would be at every home game. There is nothing like watching the game in person. If we could get our ten-year-old son to understand and care about basketball, there would be three more people at every Civic Center game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If I lived close to Storrs I would be at every home game. There is nothing like watching the game in person. If we could get our ten-year-old son to understand and care about basketball, there would be three more people at every Civic Center game.
good point

living close is a plus... but what about the few who doesnt live so close.

since you have a 10yr old Im going to assume you're no older that 50... a lot a fans are in their 70's.

my original post is just to show how sooooo many dynamics go into this attendance thing that is always talked about.

(for the record) I did look on Ticketmaster for a ticket, sec 205 row D for $12.00... I said "nah I'll pass this time" even knowing that I probably could have sat next to DD anyways. Just wasnt in the mood...

My sister went to the game tho, we're normally partners but my schedule doesnt allow me to go often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom