Tonight on TV...Baylor at Oklahoma | The Boneyard

Tonight on TV...Baylor at Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
7:00...espn2 I think. Nobody in the current Big 12 can challenge Baylor [imo] from now thru their conference tourney but OU at home might annoy them for a bit.

Reaction Score
Big 12 among the weakest conferences in the country, only Baylor and OK St, ranked, and OK St is 23rd.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
At least, to be fair, it needs to be said that injury has played a big part in decimating the Big 12. Still looking at more than 2 teams in the NCAA's, I am sure (Baylor, Texas Tech, OK State - not sure about Iowa State, Oklahoma - definite "outs" include Texas, KState, TCU, prolly Kansas.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
7:00...espn2 I think. Nobody in the current Big 12 can challenge Baylor [imo] from now thru their conference tourney but OU at home might annoy them for a bit.

OU = annoying

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Big 12 among the weakest conferences in the country, only Baylor and OK St, ranked, and OK St is 23rd.

I said before the year that I thought the Big 12 would have a down year. OU has had a couple of SEASON ENDING injuries that really hurt them, Whitney Hand being one of them. They also lost a very solid post player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
37-30, Baylor at the half. BG has 2 fouls. Prince is the leading scorer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the Sooner had their chance with BG sitting... no chance in the 2nd half

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I said before the year that I thought the Big 12 would have a down year. OU has had a couple of SEASON ENDING injuries that really hurt them, Whitney Hand being one of them. They also lost a very solid post player.

Lets not forget about WVU.... losing Bussie hurt them quite a bit

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The second half begins and the first thing I notice is that Odyssey Sims is sitting on the bench. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, wondering how long it will take Lobo and Ward to realize it and say something. It took 2 mins, 30 seconds of game time for them to notice. #howisthispossible

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The second half begins and the first thing I notice is that Odyssey Sims is sitting on the bench. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting, wondering how long it will take Lobo and Ward to realize it and say something. It took 2 mins, 30 seconds of game time for them to notice. #howisthispossible
they did better than when Hartley rode the pine in that other game... no speculation

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Well, Iowa has been in and out more than a puppy discovering a doggy door. Off the AP rankings:

Big (soon to be no longer) East: Notre Dame, UConn, Louisville, Syracuse (not impressed with them, as they've feasted on the weakest of the BE)
Big 12: Baylor, Iowa State
ACC: Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Florida State
SEC: Tenn, Georgia, Kentucky, TAMU, South Carolina
Big 10: Penn State, Nebraska, Purdue
Pac 12: Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Colorado

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
coach's decision not to play her. hmm.

Had they been playing Stanford, Stanford would have won without Sims on the court to start the second half. Nah...she would need to have been out longer, like 36 minutes. (-;

Reaction Score
Had they been playing Stanford, Stanford would have won without Sims on the court to start the second half. Nah...she would need to have been out longer, like 36 minutes. (-;

Do I think BU would have won had Sims played more vs. Stanford? Maybe. Hard to say because it was in HI on a neutral court. Greenfield was 4-6 from 3 and your POY was out rebounded by TWO Cardinal players (Ruef with 12 and Chiney with 8/18pts). Griner had 6 boards and also had a very short jumper to put them game in OT, but she missed it.

Sims and your other guards were why you won in the F4 vs. Stanford last year. It certainly wasn't due to Griner. Nneka had 22pts/9 boards in 37 min and Griner has 13/9 in 40 min. Chiney only played 27 min and fouled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom