Tonight in One Statistic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tonight in One Statistic

Reaction Score
Adams is really the only ball handler they have. And he's playing almost every minute of every game. And every minute of some games. That would take its toll on anyone.

It didn't on Johnny Flynn.

Reaction Score
It is extremely hard to perform at a high level when you know going in that your margin for error is 0. I don't blame any player for missed shots. I get Purvis and Adams are pressing. I don't get the mental mistakes this team is making. I don't get the lack of adjustments being made with a 7 man rotation. That's not on the players. Preparation and adjustments are on the coaches. I am not surprised or upset with them losing. It's mind boggling to me how they are losing.

Reaction Score
He probably said the same thing about Kemba and Shabazz his Soph year. I know it was said on this board quite often--the very idea was even laughed at.
Kemba and Shabazz weren't pros sophmore year. Neither is Adams right now. I don't get your point. Sure, Adams has the ability. But becoming the next Kemba or Shabazz isn't a right. Jalen needs to earn it. He needs to do a lot more before he is mentioned in the same sentence as the other two.

Reaction Score
Kemba and Shabazz weren't pros sophmore year. Neither is Adams right now. I don't get your point. Sure, Adams has the ability. But becoming the next Kemba or Shabazz isn't a right. Jalen needs to earn it. He needs to do a lot more before he is mentioned in the same sentence as the other two.

To say a kid won't be a pro is crazy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I almost feel bad when I see a pass to Rodney in the open court. It's just a matter of how he will lose the ball. Dribble off the foot? Possible. Dribble off his knee? Possible. Just plain ole lose dribble off his hands? Possible. Lose the ball while going up for a layup and not even have ball touch rim? Possible. And those are the turnovers with without the defense stealing the ball, blocking his shots or knocking off Rodney out of bounds.

Numbers don't lie. He's down in every category except rebounds and he's playing 5-7 minutes more per game this year than last year.

Reaction Score
He just needs to tighten up his shooting to be an NBA pro. At his size he has to make the 3, the NBA 3, and he's just learning the point.

Reaction Score
Jalen seemed really kinds distraught when I talked to him. Slumped shoulders, head down. Even like this during the game too. Feel bad for the kid.

Reaction Score
He just needs to tighten up his shooting to be an NBA pro. At his size he has to make the 3, the NBA 3, and he's just learning the point.
I agree and I think he will get there. Right now, though, he isn't even considered a top 100 prospect on draft express.

Reaction Score
To say a kid won't be a pro is crazy.
He corrected himself immediately. Watching it live, I really didn't feel Williams meant what he said. The words came out wrong. He quickly said that he didnt mean he can't be a pro.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Jay Williams' slips and says Adams wont be a pro.

Jalen seemed really kinds distraught when I talked to him. Slumped shoulders, head down. Even like this during the game too. Feel bad for the kid.

He corrected himself immediately. Watching it live, I really didn't feel Williams meant what he said. The words came out wrong. He quickly said that he didnt mean he can't be a pro.

I agree that Williams appeared to realize that it came out wrong, but he still said it and it stung, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jalen was more distraught about that than anything else. Although he really did seem to be frustrated for most of the night, understandably so for a number of reasons.

The simple truth is there are no good answers with this team. Playing Jalen 40 minutes a game is going to take a mental and physical toll, but not playing him makes an ugly situation putrid.

I love the "the injuries excuse is getting old" posts the best. Why is it getting old? Did something change since we lost the two of the three best players on the team--the two upon whom we most expected to rely for scoring?

Yes, we lost games with them that we shouldn't have, but to believe that their loss isn't a critical blow to our season, people must have had much higher expectations for Vital, Purvis and Facey to play starter's minutes than I did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom