Tonight I Will Wear Red: | The Boneyard

Tonight I Will Wear Red:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last game for a Big East Team from our famous conference. The divorce has been finalized and all the papers signed on new deals. Tonight is our last game. Apologies for somber tone. Definitely looking into the future. This just grabbed me at the nuts this morning.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Last game for a Big East Team from our famous conference. The divorce has been finalized and all the papers signed on new deals. Tonight is our last game. Apologies for somber tone. Definitely looking into the future. This just grabbed me at the nuts this morning.

F- the BE. F UofL

I'm all-in for Michigan

Reaction Score
We were playing for a regular season title. It is splitting hairs I guess. Our history is already famous and in the books. Louisville is a member from 2005. Not original member but I will take them. Great opening couple lines from Wikipedia. Wonder what would have happened if we took Penn St.

The early years

The Big East was founded in 1979 when Providence, St. John's, Georgetown, and Syracuse invited Seton Hall, Connecticut, Holy Cross, Rutgers, and Boston College, with Rutgers and Holy Cross declining to join.[4] Villanova joined a year later in 1980[5] and Pittsburgh joined in 1982.[6]
In 1982, Penn State applied for membership, but was rejected, with only five schools in favor (Penn State needed six out of eight). It was long rumored that Syracuse cast the deciding vote against Penn State, but Mike Trangheseconfirmed that this was not the case and that Syracuse had, in fact, voted for Penn State's inclusion.[7]

Reaction Score
Another Big East championship tonight

As long as it wasn't Syracuse.

It will be forever be a Big East championship

And please don't have a hard on about the conference dissolving and rooting against Louisville

I have had dinner with Pitino and he is a really good guy.

It wasn't Louisville's fault this all happened.

Reaction Score
Would normally root for Louisville but I'd like to see Beilein win a title.

Reaction Score
Poot, I'm at a loss.

I understand the big east loyalist mentality. I used to pull for all big east teams.

I'm reformed now and despise most of the old big east teams, but I can definitely understand the stance of conference solidarity.

But I just do not think of Louisville as a big east team. They were in the league for eight stinkin' years. Louisville is in Kentucky. The state of Kentucky.

Cincy, Depaul, USF, UL, and Marquette are just not big east teams to me.

With that said, I have some respect for UL as a traditional basketball power. Definitely a blue blood and they gave the Big East another power team that pushed the conference way beyond all the others.

I can't believe I could ever root for Michigan, but that's what I'm feeling.

I just don't like that Slick Rick.

Reaction Score
Another Big East championship tonight

As long as it wasn't Syracuse.

It will be forever be a Big East championship

And please don't have a hard on about the conference dissolving and rooting against Louisville

I have had dinner with Pitino and he is a really good guy.

It wasn't Louisville's fault this all happened.

Dinner with the guys on August 1, 2003? I heard Rick really enjoyed that 15 second dessert that eventually cost him a mere 3k??? What say you?

yummy 3rdbass dessert...;)

Reaction Score
Forget about the B.E., just think of the coaches! Beilein vs Pitino. Pitino just made the Hall today. Wouldn't it be special if it was on this day he lost the NCAA Championship? At least special to me! By the way, if you must think about the B. E., Beilein was in it for five years, not much less than Pitino!

Reaction Score
Screw UL. No need to help them get #3 to tie with us. As long as they got 2, we can argue we are the better program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about this. Not a Louisville hater. Neither they or WV destroyed the conference. It was the armPitts and the tangerines. Just know there will be a lot of BS in the future about the ACC with hardly a reference to the BE and its incredible history. So I don't want to give the ACC any ammo going forward. Let UConn get it's 4th and then an ACC invite and I'll cringe less about the ACC.

Go Michigan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#