Tonight at 7 on espn Olympic team versus... | The Boneyard

Tonight at 7 on espn Olympic team versus...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
WNBA all-star team in an exhibition.
I would think the all-star team would have more talent than any team they face in Tokyo.
They would also have less time to become a 'team' than any future opponent.

Might be worth a look-see.
Not just the quality of the play but there are plenty of underlying motivations from at least some of the WNBA allstars. I expect a very intense game.

Reaction Score
Looking at the Team WNBA roster…just…wow. I know some players are international (or play for countries other than the US), but imagine sending that team. USA would probably get two medals.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Something I just looked up

Lisa Leslie and Tina Thompson will serve as coaches for the WNBA All-Stars during the All-Star Game against the Olympic team. Let Lisa make all the coaching decisions. :oops:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Do we know who is on the WNBA all star team? What I mean is that Cambage is still listed as an all star, but isn't she with Team Australia preparing for the Olympics? Is everyone else here for the game?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Do we know who is on the WNBA all star team? What I mean is that Cambage is still listed as an all star, but isn't she with Team Australia preparing for the Olympics? Is everyone else here for the game?
All hands on deck (except DT I think)

1626293223516.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So who’s the starting 5 for the Olympic team tonight?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Starting 5 probably should be Sue, Jewell, Stewie, Tina, Sylvia. No idea who it will be. Possibly Brit over Sylvia, and possibly Skylar over Jewell, but those 5 are the best on Team USA at their positions right now IMHO (or close to it).

Side note, it never ceases to amaze me how little respect Tina gets from fans. She's one of the uber-elite in the WNBA, and IMHO one of the best players in the world right now.

Reaction Score
Starting 5 probably should be Sue, Jewell, Stewie, Tina, Sylvia. No idea who it will be. Possibly Brit over Sylvia, and possibly Skylar over Jewell, but those 5 are the best on Team USA at their positions right now IMHO (or close to it).

Side note, it never ceases to amaze me how little respect Tina gets from fans. She's one of the uber-elite in the WNBA, and IMHO one of the best players in the world right now.
I'm not surprised since a lot of "fans" don't really know what they're looking at. But she gets plenty from the coaches and the fans that do.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised since a lot of "fans" don't really know what they're looking at. But she gets plenty from the coaches and the fans that do.
To be fair, she was coming off a really poor year (for her) in NY and it was not clear that she could rebound and have maybe her best year in her 30's

Reaction Score
To be fair, she was coming off a really poor year (for her) in NY and it was not clear that she could rebound and have maybe her best year in her 30's
That's true and that respect from the coaches and staff is the main reason she's on the team.

Reaction Score
I think Team Australia is coming to Las Vegas to play in an exhibition, so Liz will already be there (I think?) and could participate on Team WNBA. I think they also get bonuses for playing in the game so I’m sure it’s some easy extra money, too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will be curious to see how many minutes and how central Napheesa is in the game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Also, just reminded the 3pt contest is at half time.

Reaction Score
Not only is there outstanding USA representation it's so impressive to see UConn representation! I know it may be old news for Geno but I'm sure he is loving every second of it. Go Team USA!
That will probably be your staters for the Olympics. Stewie and A'ja alongside Brittney, are going to devastate everyone on both ends of the floor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little less defense than I expected. But the offensive capabilities on both sides are fantastic

Reaction Score
Team USA needs to Turn It up a bit. Scrimmage or not. Need to set the tone and Ball Out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom