Tomorrow's weather is now looking pretty good | The Boneyard

Tomorrow's weather is now looking pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All kidding aside (My tailgate crew will be at the Rent), here is the dilemma facing Southington Residents. The ever popular town Apple Harvest Festival begins this evening. There are events that are kid oriented on the Town Green scheduled for Saturday A.M. (apple pie eating contest, Little Fritter Race, etc.) & tomorrow will be the best weather day of the weekend. In addition, Southington High School is installing artificial turf on its football field. It won't be ready until mid-October. The town has made arrangements for the Blue Knights to play its home games at Cheshire High School until then, & their first home game is scheduled for 2 P.M. on Saturday afternoon. Glad that my kids are all in college & I don't have a sniff of having to make a choice.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside (My tailgate crew will be at the Rent), here is the dilemma facing Southington Residents. The ever popular town Apple Harvest Festival begins this evening. There are events that are kid oriented on the Town Green scheduled for Saturday A.M. (apple pie eating contest, Little Fritter Race, etc.) & tomorrow will be the best weather day of the weekend. In addition, Southington High School is installing artificial turf on its football field. It won't be ready until mid-October. The town has made arrangements for the Blue Knights to play its home games at Cheshire High School until then, & their first home game is scheduled for 2 P.M. on Saturday afternoon. Glad that my kids are all in college & I don't have a sniff of having to make a choice.

The 2pm H.S. game on a saturday is an oddball, but fwiw, this paragraph, in a nutshell - is why college football primetime starts at 3:30pm EST. This happens in towns all over the place in the fall. I really hope that our homecoming game is an afternoon kickoff, and I hope that when the TV deal is finally done, which is numbered now in weeks rather than months...and is done, that we're going to be playing regular saturday afternoon and evening kickoffs in coming years, rather than saturdays at noon and weeknights.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All kidding aside (My tailgate crew will be at the Rent), here is the dilemma facing Southington Residents.

Sorry to go off topic coach, but what's the deal with your QB? Is he a D-1 prospect?

Reaction Score
Going to the game
2 tix = $70
Parking = $15
12pack beer = $15
Tailgate food = $25
Grand Total on the cheap = $125

Staying home and watching on TV
12pack beer = $15
Food= $25
Grand Total = $40

It is 68% cheaper to stay at home and dry and be a fair weather fan.

I personally am a season ticket holder and almost always go to the games. Just sayin that in this Obama economy a lot of people would rather not spend a ton of money to go see a garbage matchup.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Going to the game
2 tix = $70
Parking = $15
12pack beer = $15
Tailgate food = $25

12pack beer = $15
Food= $25
Grand Total = $40

I personally am a season ticket holder and almost always go to the games. Just sayin that in this Obama economy a lot of people would rather not spend a ton of money to go see a garbage matchup.
The cost of a garbage matchup was pretty much the same during the Bush global economic meltdown. But the tv sets are better and cheaper now.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well we should start preparing ourselves now for 4 more years of people not having money to spend on UConn football.

Reaction Score
Well we should start preparing ourselves now for 4 more years of people not having money to spend on UConn football.
well, maybe "they" can make a tax. Tax each season ticket holder $210 on top of their season ticket price. That $210($35x6homegames) can go to giving gameday tickets to the less fortunate. That way our stadium will be full.

Reaction Score
The cost of a garbage matchup was pretty much the same during the Bush global economic meltdown. But the tv sets are better and cheaper now.
ahhhh good point. I shouldnt have singled out Obama. So unless we have Reagan or B.Clinton in office, garbage matchups just wont fill the seats because its at least 68% cheaper to stay home and watch on our TV's.

Garbage in = Garbage out

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Of all the stupid reasons people don't go to games the economy is the dumbest one. I work with hundreds of highly compensated UConn grads. Only a handful go to the games. 90% really just don't care at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And to go on the cheap for two people for Buffalo:

$10 to park. $10 for 2 scalped tickets. $15 booze $10 Dunkin Donuts.

Reaction Score
Of all the stupid reasons people don't go to games the economy is the dumbest one. I work with hundreds of highly compensated UConn grads. Only a handful go to the games. 90% really just don't care at all.
Whaler, honestly, I'm just screwing around. I dont give two $#!Ts what anybody makes or who is going to what game or what the economy is. I happen to be lucky and have a job. I bought season tix. Im going. You are right. A lot of people just dont give a rats .

Reaction Score
And to go on the cheap for two people for Buffalo:

$10 to park. $10 for 2 scalped tickets. $15 booze $10 Dunkin Donuts.
lol, well, actually vs. buffalo people will be able to find tickets blowing in the wind on the ground. so actually, on the cheap is:
$5 to park in somebody's driveway. Free tickets found on the ground. Home Made Prison Wine = $0. Or steal somebodys cooler out of their truck(happend to me). Bag of Doritos = $3.50

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
most hs games are getting moved until 2moro now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
But the tv sets are better and cheaper now.

I know it comes down to personal preference, but for me the best TV can't compete with being there. Even in crappy seats.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because its raining? wtf? Is CT HS FB turning into a tennis match?

They move games not because they are soft but because they tear the fields up. Fields that a lot of schools use for everything.

Reaction Score
They move games not because they are soft but because they tear the fields up. Fields that a lot of schools use for everything.
Genius I tell you. That is some genius

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

True but less people can afford it now.

Reaction Score
No excuses, people.

Hopefully all that rain we were supposed to get tomorrow is happening today... It was raining buckets of water a few hours ago here in Shelton, CT...

Reaction Score
going to watch Eastern's club team

Would love to see them become a legit college football program... They were on TV earlier this year ( re-run on CT public access ) playing a JUCO team consisting of students of Community Colleges in Southwestern CT... Think there's hope they'll eventually go either NAIA or DIII at the very least?

Reaction Score
Going to the game
2 tix = $70
Parking = $15
12pack beer = $15
Tailgate food = $25

12pack beer = $15
Food= $25
Grand Total = $40

$15 for a 12 pack? What are you drinking, PBR Light? Narragansett? Keystone? Those are student brands. Man up - it's Octoberfest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom