Tom Jurich Fired at Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tom Jurich Fired at Louisville

Reaction Score
Just found this:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bc/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/2012_13_ACC.pdf

Section IV-4. Expulsion/Suspension/Probation of Members.

A member institution may be expelled, suspended or placed on probation by the Conference only upon the favorable vote of three-fourths (excluding the member under consideration) of the members. To expel means a complete severance from the Conference in all sports. To suspend means a temporary severance under stated conditions from the Conference in one (1) or more sports.

Among the reasons a member institution may be expelled, suspended or placed on probation for good cause is if it no longer participates in one or more sports which are required for membership in the Conference or if the member is required by the NCAA to discontinue such required sport because of violations of NCAA regulations or becomes incompatible with the objectives of the Conference.

In the event of expulsion, the Conference must provide the member institution with the specific reasons for expulsion and one year notice (on or before August 15 of any year in which event the expulsion shall be effective the following June 30). The institution will be assessed or paid a proportionate share of the fixed liabilities or assets of the Conference and will receive a proportionate share of that year’s distribution.

In the event of suspension or probation, the Conference may enforce penalties immediately.

In any sport in which a member is ineligible for postseason play because of violations of NCAA or Conference regulations, the member may be suspended in that sport. If suspended, the member shall not be eligible for the Conference championship in that sport. The institution may be required to forfeit its share of any or all Conference revenues generated by that sport.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just found this:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bc/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/2012_13_ACC.pdf

Section IV-4. Expulsion/Suspension/Probation of Members.

A member institution may be expelled, suspended or placed on probation by the Conference only upon the favorable vote of three-fourths (excluding the member under consideration) of the members. To expel means a complete severance from the Conference in all sports. To suspend means a temporary severance under stated conditions from the Conference in one (1) or more sports.

Among the reasons a member institution may be expelled, suspended or placed on probation for good cause is if it no longer participates in one or more sports which are required for membership in the Conference or if the member is required by the NCAA to discontinue such required sport because of violations of NCAA regulations or becomes incompatible with the objectives of the Conference.

In the event of expulsion, the Conference must provide the member institution with the specific reasons for expulsion and one year notice (on or before August 15 of any year in which event the expulsion shall be effective the following June 30). The institution will be assessed or paid a proportionate share of the fixed liabilities or assets of the Conference and will receive a proportionate share of that year’s distribution.

In the event of suspension or probation, the Conference may enforce penalties immediately.

In any sport in which a member is ineligible for postseason play because of violations of NCAA or Conference regulations, the member may be suspended in that sport. If suspended, the member shall not be eligible for the Conference championship in that sport. The institution may be required to forfeit its share of any or all Conference revenues generated by that sport.

So they just need to bribe 1/4 of the league to stay in. No sweat! I bet some of their operatives are meeting now in a bunker somewhere to develop a strategy on such bribes.

Reaction Score
The ACC has issues ... UNC may still get some kind of penalty for the 20 years of phony classes. Now Louisville and Miami.

Miami has been a cesspool for 30+ years. Maybe it's time to shut down their entire athletic program.
Some kind of penalty? How about the death penalty for decades of institutionall cheating while holding themselves out to be paragons of academics and athletics?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Somebody cut the telephone connections to AD Dave's office and hide his cell.
Yes, the death penalty would be justified. It won't happen, but it would be justice.

Reaction Score
Just my gut feeling that Petrino wil not last too much longer at UofL. Not that the football team has committed any violations, but Petrino(who already has dirty laundry from Arkansas) is a Jurich rehire, and the Jurich/Pitino stench will be all over that university for a good while. We'll see.

Reaction Score
So they just need to bribe 1/4 of the league to stay in. No sweat! I bet some of their operatives are meeting now in a bunker somewhere to develop a strategy on such bribes.
Where's the bribe money coming from? The Bank of Kentucky?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s all good... for years my mom thought LOL meant lots of love!

The best is the one is the legend where the mom kept sending her kids "WTF" every time they sent her good news. She thought it meant "Wow That's Fantastic".

ad6bb578a661f0feb14d2c7026670233.jpg

Reaction Score
Just my gut feeling that Petrino wil not last too much longer at UofL. Not that the football team has committed any violations, but Petrino(who already has dirty laundry from Arkansas) is a Jurich rehire, and the Jurich/Pitino stench will be all over that university for a good while.
Well, there's that gut feeling. And, a $4+ million hair cut Petrino purportedly gets on his contractual buyout clause when Loserville's board transitions Jurich's current paid leave to you're fired.

Reaction Score
It’s all good... for years my mom thought LOL meant lots of love!
Ha. A woman I worked with thought the same thing, and sent a note to her friend who was going to her oncologist to find out what State cancer her tumor was saying something to the effect of 'I know you're going to get your test results today, LOL.'

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ha. A woman I worked with thought the same thing, and sent a note to her friend who was going to her oncologist to find out what State cancer her tumor was saying something to the effect of 'I know you're going to get your test results today, LOL.'
WOW... wow. That’s... wow.

Reaction Score
The motto of this story is "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'". Louisville is in major conference making millions, they won national basketball title, and have Heisman Trophy winner. And we have...

Reaction Score
I doubt it because football is the bread winner and Clemson and Florida State wanted Louisville over us primarily because of football. Plus our team is not desirable.
UConn's football team would become desirable if they were recruiting out of a P5 CONFERENCE. We saw this when they quickly became good as a member of the BE.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UConn's football team would become desirable if they were recruiting out of a P5 CONFERENCE. We saw this when they quickly became good as a member of the BE.
I’d love to believe this but after 3 years of recruiting to the B1G Rutgers is losing games to Eastern Michigan 16-13.

Reaction Score
I’d love to believe this but after 3 years of recruiting to the B1G Rutgers is losing games to Eastern Michigan 16-13.

Rutgers is not UConn. For more info on the subject, research the comparative successes of their basketball programs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom