Tom Izzo threw up watching loss to UCONN in Regional game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo threw up watching loss to UCONN in Regional game

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
jibsey said:
If anyone thinks Izzo throwing up is funny, can you imagine what Pitino did after watching us cut down the nets?

Banged a waitress on a restaurant table?

Reaction Score
Izzo is a good dude. I'd want my coach to puke as well if he re-watched that game. If you have a coach that does not puke- you will never make it to a FF.

caw

Reaction Score
The funny thing is he saw the exact same thing a year and a half earlier in Germany. Boat and Napier dominated their guards that game also. I am glad he didn't blame location, though he did mention injuries (none as big as Dyson in 2009).

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks Izzo throwing up is funny, can you imagine what Pitino did after watching us cut down the nets?
I remember when Pitino was a studio host in 2011 after dominating us that year. He couldn't bring himself to give UConn much respect and was clearly agitated to see us win the whole damn shootin match. As we've learned very pleasantly the last 4 years, the regular season is not a good predictor for what lies ahead in March.

Reaction Score
FlaHusky said:
I remember when Pitino was a studio host in 2011 after dominating us that year. He couldn't bring himself to give UConn much respect and was clearly agitated to see us win the whole damn shootin match. As we've learned very pleasantly the last 4 years, the regular season is not a good predictor for what lies ahead in March.

I don't recall this domination you speak of (2014 - well, that's another matter)

Reaction Score
I don't recall this domination you speak of (2014 - well, that's another matter)

My mistake on 2011. In either event, like Barkley, he wasn't giving UConn much credit throughout the tournament. That was a great BET win. Didn't they own us during the regular season though?

Reaction Score
FlaHusky said:
My mistake on 2011. In either event, like Barkley, he wasn't giving UConn much credit throughout the tournament. That was a great BET win. Didn't they own us during the regular season though?

They did beat us twice in the regular season if I recall right - I know we lost to them at home in double OT in one of the few times Kemba made a costly mistake late. So Pitino did have his success that year, we just beat them in the BE final as part of our 11 win run.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Tom said that his team played poorly. That is why he lost. Duh..... Isn't that the idea. Get the other team to play poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom