Tom FitzGerald of the San Francisco Chronicle is most certainly not a "homer" .... | The Boneyard

Tom FitzGerald of the San Francisco Chronicle is most certainly not a "homer" ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A point not mentioned on any thread is how awfully inept Stanford was yesterday. Three players came to play. The rest of the team must have been studying for an upcoming exam.

This is the second big game of recent vintage that Stanford has lost to UConn when UConn was far from stellar. If a team has a substantial size advantage and Tara Vanderveer is a HOF coach...? Or does Tara get a pass?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A point not mentioned on any thread is how awfully inept Stanford was yesterday. Three players came to play. The rest of the team must have been studying for an upcoming exam.

This is the second big game of recent vintage that Stanford has lost to UConn when UConn was far from stellar. If a team has a substantial size advantage and Tara Vanderveer is a HOF coach...? Or does Tara get a pass?

Yeah, but they smoked us last year, where I thought Tara out coached Geno, so you've got to give her credit for that.

I don't think Stanford quite has the horses at the necessary positions this year (guard spots). Outside of the O sisters, they seem to be a fairly unathletic team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Face it, TonyC was right all along about Stanford's vulnerability at the guards and their freshmen.

Reaction Score
Have always thought they were soft when we played them. They have been the beneficiary of having Wiggins or playing us at Maples when they have beaten us. Other than that we have had our way with them!!!!

Reaction Score
Have always thought they were soft when we played them. They have been the beneficiary of having Wiggins or playing us at Maples when they have beaten us. Other than that we have had our way with them!!!!

Pretty sure it is UCONN 7 wins and Stanford 6 wins.

Reaction Score
[quote="Other than that we have had our way with them!!!![/quote]

We have won more times than not, but I wouldn't characterize our having our way with them. We won last night but it was a tough win that the girls plain gutted their way through. We won with an incredible defense that stayed with it until the final buzzer.

Reaction Score
Don't write Stanford off yet. They will be better with more experience and should be a factor at tourney time.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it is UCONN 7 wins and Stanford 6 wins.
Correct

Home 2-1

Away 1-3

Neutral 4-2

Uconn lost the first three meetings in the late 80's. Since then Uconn is 7-3.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Don't write Stanford off yet. They will be better with more experience and should be a factor at tourney time.

I'm not. I've seen too many examples (as in, more than zero) where Stanford loses the first match up, and Tara makes adjustments and wins the second. Don't want that happening this time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Of course, it's obvious UConn will not get any better. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger