Todays Practice | The Boneyard

Todays Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First time poster but i've been reading everyones posts for about 2 years. Felt the need to start this thread even though I know someone would start one about this anyways. Apparently Boatright started in practice today because of poor play by Napier. Heard he was over dribbling (like he was doing last year). I got all this news via twitter from the CT post guy. Also said Boatright reminded him of Wiggins, Orlander may surprise people and Drummond left practice with a bloody nose. Anyways, anyone else concerned with Napier? Is Jay Williams right with leaving him out of top 12 pg list? (which I was very mad at). Maybe it could put a positive effect on Napier and make him step up his game a little bit. Having an edge is always good for someone that likes to compete.

Reaction Score
Probably Calhoun challenging Napier. I'd be very surprised if Bazz doesn't start as the starter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have to give my response in two parts because of 1180 character limitation.

Napier is trying to figure out the pace the staff wants from him. KW had to learn this as well and didn't accomplish this until 2/3 of the way in his sophomore season.

I watched all of the BE tournament last week and watched SN be very cautious and deliberate in the half court set. I actually felt he was too deliberate and after watching I came away concerned that if he led this years team like he played in the BE tournament, UConn would be taking a lot of shots late in the shot clock. Only this season there isn't a Kemba to bail the team out.

I almost posted, after watching those five games, that RB might end up starting over SN. But then I watched the Texas game. In that game, Kemba was having a miserable game until the clutch shot at the end of the game. Shabazz played a lot of minutes running the team. He was a different player from the one in the BE tournament. He was quick to the basket and quick to take shots. In fact he was too quick.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Second Part:
IF SN can be a player somewhere in the middle of these two performances, he will be a great leader for the team. The big question is if he can accomplish this and if he can, when will he accomplish this?

For all the excitement level people have regarding this team, and all the disappointment about the early schedule, I'm thrilled about that early schedule. It will give the two point guards plenty of opportunity to develop what the staff would like. That is the best chance for this team to go far tournament time.

Reaction Score
Right on, I think the easy schedule will def help the team gel and hopefully a leader will take over the team. We have all the parts, just someone needs to feed the ball to all the parts. As much of RB i've watched, it seems to me that he can break down the defender which would help lamb,AD, Scoe DD. Only concern with your post is that you watched SN do that in 5 games at the end of his frosh year and he had that good game against texas apparently. You think he'd get better overtime. I have that texas game on my DVR so i'm about to watch it. We don't need Napier to do anything amazing, just be solid.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You think he'd get better overtime. I have that texas game on my DVR so i'm about to watch it. We don't need Napier to do anything amazing, just be solid.

I wouldn't say SN got worse over time. JC wanted a different type of player from SN because of KW.

There were several games mid season that SN was trying to do it all and too quickly and JC put a stop to it. He didn't want SN's mistakes to result in a missed opportunity to get Kemba the ball.

And SN did change and became the deliberate CA type of player that JC wanted. But this season is different. SN will be required to increase his speed back to the tempo in the Texas game but without the loss of control he sometimes exhibited and with more discernment of when to take shots. SN is a good listener and I expect him to readjust quickly.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
where did you re watch all the games?
I had them recorded on my DVR. But switched from Dish to TWC and had to give DVR back. So I stayed up several nights watching a lot of games.:)

Reaction Score
Thanks, JC is being his usual self pitting one player against the other. He seems enamored with Bazz, and is making him better. RB (and the others) are a great asset as there is no automatic PT.

Reaction Score
AndreDrummond03 Andre Drummond
This sucks mild concussion an I broke My nose! #worsedayever
1 hour agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads