Today's game........... | The Boneyard

Today's game...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
was absolutely meaningless. This team played the second half as if it had nothing to play for. Fact is, they didn't. No need to over react, no need to over analyze. To me, the regular season ended when they lost the two back to back buzzer beaters versus Texas and Yale. For whatever reason- inexperience, self-confidence, team chemistry, lack of depth- they never were able to catch their footing after that and kickstart the season back on track. This team, maybe feeling the pressure from last year's heroics or this year's early season expectations, started to believe that they would lose. You saw it in their demeanor. You saw it in careless play. (last year, the complete opposite) And they did. This team lost a lot of close games. Rather than play and believe that they were going to win, most times this year when they were mentally tested either with a very slow start or a relinquished lead late, they wilted under pressure. They played as if they expected something bad to happen like those two nights. My guess is that if those two last second shots didn't fall, the entire trajectory of this season would have been much different. They were mentally broken.

Fast forward to later this week. 4 games in 4 nights. Playing for an invite to the dance. I believe we will see a very different, a very determined squad. The failure of the regular season is behind them and they now have the opportunity to erase all of it. A second chance, a fresh start, a new beginning. Sometimes that is all a team needs. Regardless of how this team compares to past UConn teams, this team has the talent to beat everyone in the AAC, especially in Hartford. I think they believe. I know I do. This is March. Huskies are bred for this.

Reaction Score
Can't agree because they played the first half like they had something to play for. And if there's a kid on that team that didn't want to win that game for pride alone I say send him packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC
Top Bottom