Todays announcers | The Boneyard

Todays announcers

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
That could very well be the most inept broadcasting team since the "boom goes the dynamite" kid. They miscalled penalties, downs, and spotting of the ball. The camera guy got caught going for the fake a few times and we watched a standing quarterback without the ball. And then Joe D decides the team should run out the clock. He has a hard enough time doing the job he should be doing, don't be a coach

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I commented on this in another thread... it really was bad. I am glad I was able to watch the game.....but yikes.

Joe D also kept saying one of my new pet peeves...."Jim Mora Jr.". He isn't a junior....he has a different middle name.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, the announcers and the entire production crew were beyond awful. And my brain is still having seizures from the cameras bouncing and moving all around in random directions and sequences only tangentially related to the play on the field.

Reaction Score
agreed the overlay was overthought. Score on the left??? No. Camera cuts were weird. All levels of uncoordinated. Is this this first time Fox61 did this? Joe D. drooling over the females on the weather team on air was unprofessional.

They need to make a lot of improvements.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Joe was brutal. Miscalled players. And the thing with the female Fox 61 broadcasters was super cringe
Yeah the weather girl thing was super cringe, and really a head shaker from a voice of UConn athletics I grew up listening too.

Reaction Score
The production was hot garbage. Camera work was awful. Felt like I was watching a high school game on cable access. Knew we were in for a long day with Joe D. when he called Brewton "Brewster" on the opening kickoff! And anyone close to the program should know he's NOT Jim Mora, Jr. It's a pet peeve of mine too. Adam Giardino does the same thing on the radio - geesh!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
In stadium announcers shabby as usual, too. No announcement on the opening kick-off.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, the announcers and the entire production crew were beyond awful. And my brain is still having seizures from the cameras bouncing and moving all around in random directions and sequences only tangentially related to the play on the field.
Put me with the group of people who were just grateful to be able to watch the game. When I clicked on the live feed 15 minutes before the game and got a replay of the morning news show, I was worried.

If you really hate the announcers that much, mute is always an option.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Put me with the group of people who were just grateful to be able to watch the game. When I clicked on the live feed 15 minutes before the game and got a replay of the morning news show, I was worried.

Lol.

I too was grateful to watch. The horrible announcing made it more enjoyable in a MST3K type of way.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

And if the shaky and unprofessional video isn't yo your liking blacken the screen too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And if the shaky and unprofessional video isn't yo your liking blacken the screen too.
Or just turn it off, right. Because the game not being broadcast was the other option since no one else wanted to pick it up.

You are not wrong, especially for a “professional” broadcast. It was amateurish. but, again, I just appreciate the opportunity to see it. 1-11 teams playing against an in- state FCS opponents usually won’t get tv coverage, plus an internet feed. But, yeah, if they pick up another game next year they need to do better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Joe D constantly announced the wrong players names the whole game. It was a horrendous broadcast.

It is legitimate to ask if he is drunk
, on prescription drugs or is in early stages of dementia/alzheimer disease.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
From a p by p perspective, Joe D has lost his fastball. Where he gave great value was tying UConn football history to today. Aka when UConn had good teams, they always had a great running back combo. Mentioned the 90's and RE tandems.

I like my color guys to be a little more analytical. Fawning over Valentin Senn doesn't cut it for me, but to each their own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom