Today | The Boneyard

Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Great atmosphere and great fans. We got to the tailgot lot across from metro north where there was a ton of UCONN fans. Even met this cool couple who had a custom made UCONN flag w/ Jazz's number on it. Overall a very cool tailgate experience considering I was in Bronx, NY.

The game was close a lot closer than the final score. I had some people with us who became UCONN fans because of the heart the team showed today. The 3rd TD and on side kick really got UCONN fans going in the stadium to the point where even the Cadets couldn't drown us out. It's hard to root against Army if you're American.

All that being said, that 99 INT for the final TD sucked every last bit of energy out of the stadium. Never had a feeling like that before. Never been so invested in a moment so much that it stops time when it gets snatched away. Other than that, it was a great game for the casual fan who just happened to watch a football game.

Reaction Score
Today was fun as far as swift kicks to the nuts go.
Your cheerful optimism is cracking. They were in it til the end. Two bonehead throws by Whitmer (across his body across the field in the) 1st half led to points and the pick in the final minute sealed the deal. The strip by Williams should have stood. Total BS on that call. Plenty of run throughout the game that should have also had forward progress called if everyone were to be called that quickly. I am still optimistic and will root for my huskies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Me too BNich. Good experience, fun day... crushing result. :(

Reaction Score
Me too BNich. Good experience, fun day... crushing result. :(
Crushing indeed. Really tough. I was pumped up following the 3rd TD, onside kick recover and ensuing drive. The pick was deflating. Shut the tv off immediately. I couldn't even imagine being in attendance. Depressing to say the least. Some many moments where it seemed they were so close just to come up short time and time again. The youth on this roster will prevail.

Reaction Score
Great atmosphere and great fans. We got to the tailgot lot across from metro north where there was a ton of UCONN fans. Even met this cool couple who had a custom made UCONN flag w/ Jazz's number on it. Overall a very cool tailgate experience considering I was in Bronx, NY.

The game was close a lot closer than the final score. I had some people with us who became UCONN fans because of the heart the team showed today. The 3rd TD and on side kick really got UCONN fans going in the stadium to the point where even the Cadets couldn't drown us out. It's hard to root against Army if you're American.

All that being said, that 99 INT for the final TD sucked every last bit of energy out of the stadium. Never had a feeling like that before. Never been so invested in a moment so much that it stops time when it gets snatched away. Other than that, it was a great game for the casual fan who just happened to watch a football game.
It was nice to meet you too...putting Jazz's number on the flag was actually my wife's idea. That lot was a GREAT place to tailgate!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Removing the on field performance from the equation, the game yesterday was one of the best sporting events I've ever attended and for the record, Over the past roughly 40 years I've seen the World Series, MLB playoff games, NFL playoff games, NCAA Tournament games (at all levels shy of the final four), countless conference (Big East) tournament games, NHL and NBA playoff games and even Pele playing soccer for the Cosmos. I got chills when I heard U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn! echoing throughout Yankee Stadium. I was nearly moved to tears at the halftime show. I wanted (and anticipated) a far different outcome from the game but (as long as it doesn't conflict with a UConn game and isn't against an opponent I despise) I will attend all future Army games at Yankee Stadium. I also hope we set up regular (ideally every other year) home games there. ,

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It was nice to meet you too...putting Jazz's number on the flag was actually my wife's idea. That lot was a GREAT place to tailgate!
Ha, I should have looked closer at the flags in your pic. I saw that flag as I was walking towards the stadium and thought it was pretty cool...

Reaction Score
Ha, I should have looked closer at the flags in your pic. I saw that flag as I was walking towards the stadium and thought it was pretty cool...
Thanks

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

Cool, small world. Good to meet a fellow yarder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom