Today, refs, team, troubles ahead........ | The Boneyard

Today, refs, team, troubles ahead........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Donato was awful.........seriously the man is done. He missed so many calls and they meant something no doubt but how much? Problem is the first half play put us in position for those many awful 2nd half calls to have impact. The T was a good call, Boat can't go there and UConn players need to be asked to act like you've been there. That was awful and had more impact on the game than Donato even could. I don't care what Mayo may have said yuou have to be bigger and smarter than that.

1st half - everyone would love to point to the refs for our foul trouble but in the first half our players did not look like a team needing a victory to get into the dance. Even the guys who have been there were lacadaisical at best. AO's 2 fouls were fouls....1st one lazy D, defense 101 - no baseline, gave the knee to the guy as he went by and hence a whistle. Could the ref have let it go - hell yeah but AO can also move his feet can't he? Andre - man love the kid but he has so so much to learn. Reaching, going for steals, pounding through the middle on Crowder who would be a nice player at Duke - you get what you deserve. Andre gets his 3rd right away 2nd half, comes back in a few minutes later while we are making a move, hedges out at the FT line and doesn't get back to his , tries to but not in any way meaningful, and bang alley opp layin!! I could talk about the obvious with Tyler, Roscoe also but it would be repetitve. The interior defensive effort, the helps or actually no idea how to help, the no apparent need to move their feet, the many layups that people take so casually walking by them.......Imean these guys are plain awful and their pride doesn't seem to be hurt. Noone ever hits the ground for the other team they either kinda try to block the shot, let them go by and lay it in or slap their arms. Where are the hard fouls and the men who make that happen?

They have issues - team unity is obviously lacking. Team chemistry was never there and focus is never for 40. Team intelligence, and I hate this but it's true, is really lacking. Too many gus seem to think they are actually really good rather than having the attitude they need to outowrk the other team every play, every second!!!

They will play teams still scratching and clawing and have a lot of pride like Nova, Pitt and PC......Cooley makes them play hard. Cuse, can't beat them. Need to win 3 of 4, I don't see it because they have so much trouble putting 2 good hardworing games together nevermind 3 of 4. NIT bound - hope I'm wrong and I'll be back to tell you I am without a problem. But the issues they have cannot make up for the wins they need. Too bad, they're talented but not enough to make up for the woes!!!

Reaction Score
I a an SU fan and I agree with the basic point that poor effort and play by Uconn in the first half is the main reason why they lost but the refs were really bad.

About 5min left Uconn down 7 or 8 on defense makes a good stand and right in front of the ref Crowder knocks it out of bounds. They call it out on Uconn. Horrible call. Then on the in bounds ball gets swung around and the guy trying to screen Drummund basically chip blocks him like he is a running back trying to move the defensive end out. Should have been a moving screen one of the more blatant ones I have seen all season, but instead they call Drummund for his 4th as he follows through and bumps Crowder on a made three. I thought that was the last chance Uconn had to make a charge and rather than the refs making the right call on the O.O.B. or the moving screen (they had two chances) which would have given Uconn the ball down 7 or 8 they screwed you twice gave Marq a 10 or 11 point lead and stuck one of your most important players with their 4th foul.

I have no idea why teams like Marq who foul more than anyone get the good whistle all season. Regardless its another horrible season in the BE for the refs just really bad almost every game I watch and anytime its close under 5min it seems they rape one team or the other for no real apparent reason on pretty easy calls that they up.

Reaction Score
I a an SU fan and I agree with the basic point that poor effort and play by Uconn in the first half is the main reason why they lost but the refs were really bad.

About 5min left Uconn down 7 or 8 on defense makes a good stand and right in front of the ref Crowder knocks it out of bounds. They call it out on Uconn. Horrible call. Then on the in bounds ball gets swung around and the guy trying to screen Drummund basically chip blocks him like he is a running back trying to move the defensive end out. Should have been a moving screen one of the more blatant ones I have seen all season, but instead they call Drummund for his 4th as he follows through and bumps Crowder on a made three. I thought that was the last chance Uconn had to make a charge and rather than the refs making the right call on the O.O.B. or the moving screen (they had two chances) which would have given Uconn the ball down 7 or 8 they screwed you twice gave Marq a 10 or 11 point lead and stuck one of your most important players with their 4th foul.

I have no idea why teams like Marq who foul more than anyone get the good whistle all season. Regardless its another horrible season in the BE for the refs just really bad almost every game I watch and anytime its close under 5min it seems they rape one team or the other for no real apparent reason on pretty easy calls that they up.

Good catch on that one jordoo. That sequence, all by Donato, was a game changer no doubt. OOB's on Crowder was a no brainer, changed his mind because of Crowders reaction I guess. The screen was a moving one not called and then Crowder falls before the shot leaves his hands and brings Andre with him. The guy has lost his ability to ref a game and needs to be evaluated. Definitely some bad calls at impact moments which turn the tide but you need to play better so calls do mot make that big of an impact nonetheless.

Reaction Score
OOB's on Crowder was a no brainer, changed his mind because of Crowders reaction I guess.

Except that Crowder's "reaction" was to point down the court in UCONN's direction!

(He obviously knew he knocked it out -- I'm assuming that's why he accidentally signaled that it should be UConn's ball in pleading for the call.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom