Today is the day... | The Boneyard

Today is the day...

Reaction Score
I hope folks are not expecting too much from her.

Basketball skills, like any skills, need to be honed by practice and performance. Anna has
done precious little of either in recent weeks. She can't possibly be in game shape.

Reaction Score
Anna was very much missed! She doesn’t need to score much to impact the game. Her height to see over defenders, passing and rebounding ability, plus her overall strength have been missing. It appears her leg issue was affecting her shooting. She is a very good 3 pt. threat. When that returns, this team is much, much better!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Anna was very much missed! She doesn’t need to score much to impact the game. Her height to see over defenders, passing and rebounding ability, plus her overall strength have been missing. It appears her leg issue was affecting her shooting. She is a very good 3 pt. threat. When that returns, this team is much, much better!
She is so good at finding that second pass on the break...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Love me some Anna! So glad she's back. I hope she's 100% healthy. So many players have injuries (like stress reactions) that seem minor, but take seemingly forever to heal, and if they come back too soon, it just makes them less effective, and exacerbates the recovery time.

Reaction Score
It is nice to have Anna back in the rotation, even with limited minutes initially. She'll show some rust naturally, but the first two games back won't require her to be 100% so she'll have breathing room to get acclimated to playing in games. If she is 100% by the third round of the NCAA's that's all we can ask for.

I agree that having Anna available to give EW a rest is huge. They are very similar in what they can do. Anna is taller and built bigger, which help in passing and rebounding, but EW does both of those things well. Both can score although both have struggled. EW can shoot dispite being in a too long slump; Anna wasn't making 3s for awhile before having to sit and hopefully that was injury related.

I look forward to seeing how having Anna back impacts the games. I see no down side and potentially a lot of upside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom