Today is the Annual Media Day | The Boneyard

Today is the Annual Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
John A and the horde have gathered at Gampel to meet with coaches and players. The team will scrimmage until 5:30 and will then meet with the media. John A is tweeting and says that the media will be allowed in to watch the scrimmage at 5:10.

Here's some preseason observations from John ahead of today's meeting:

"Another year older, another year wiser. That best explains the transformation players make from their freshmen to sophomore seasons.
But it does little to describe the changes you immediately see when sophomore center Stefanie Dolson and guard Bria Hartley take the floor, now a full year into their UConn careers.
The personal makeover of Dolson, the 6-5 center, is remarkable. When she came to UConn she was husky in the most literal sense, her high school frame softly rounded and unfinished. She was a work in progress. Now Dolson is a molded Husky in the traditional sense, svelte and muscular and matured.
The change in Hartley is more subtle, but just as pronounced. She has added muscle to her frame and almost looks taller than the 5-7 she is still listed to be."

I guess John never read the threads about Bria's height. We'll have to educate him during his next chat.

Also, John reports that Geno will be awarded the John R. Wooden "Legends in Coaching" Award at the LA Athletic Club in April, 2012. Congrats to Geno.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
John just tweeted that Caroline had minor surgery 2 days ago to remove some "hardware" that was inserted during her last acl surgery. She'll miss 7-10 days.

Oh boy, here we go....Let the worrying and gnashing of teeth begin.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I hope the knee is ok!

I cant wait to here how the scrimmage is going!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom