Today Is Media Day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Today Is Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Butler is 6'5", Stewie 6'4" and KLS 6'3". If those 3 are in the floor, who can stop them?
Why not go all the way and also use Tuck and Boykin (both at 6'2") as guards. What a lineup that would be! :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was going to ask about the uniform colors and how do they know which team they are on. The NCAA is so silly with all these rules that deal with the minutiae while missing the big picture.
The way I have seen it works for these pick up games is you are issued two shirts one with sleves and one without. If you have to switch teams you switch shirt but thy must be the same color until the start of official practices. The NCAA is famous for minutiae. My Daughters team had to self report an NCAA violation because the team's Director of Basketball Operations miscalulated the amount of a team meal- She was off by 63 cents total for 1 team meal at Longhorn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very subjective but I think Kaili was/is the best passing BIG we've ever had. And we've had a bunch of good ones. This might be a great topic for a separate thread

Kaili had a lightening like look away pass. Lots of fake outs.

Reaction Score
RockyMTblue2: "I have proof positive that this was no official practice. Pheeza has her shorts waist band rolled!

And KLS DOESN'T - she looks great in a "regulation" practice shorts

The incredibly detailed attention you guys pay to such minutiae is frightening. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"If Tuck were to come out, many WNBA coaches have made it clear she would likely be the second pick of the draft behind Stewart"
Nice! Could be 1-Stewie, 2-Tuck, 3-Jefferson. Or Morgan could wait 1 year and go #1 in 2017.

The average fan does not realize how good Morgan Tuck really is. Because she just happens to be on a team with other players that get most of the lime light. She was overshadowed by the likes of KML, Stewie and Jefferson. However, understand that her skillset is not ignored by GM's at the next level. I'm sure that many teams would love to have Morgan on their roster. As Seattle coach Boucek said: "most UConn players come into the WNBA ready to play".

Morgan Tuck is a headache for other teams that play UConn. She's hard to defend. She can shoot the 3 from the perimeter, or she will drive the lane and beat you. She's very good under the basket, and has great hands that can catch passes (she does not fumble) from team mates. she has a very high BB IQ. She along with Mo, are the team leaders. If you have only seen her on TV, you don't realize how tall Morgan is.

I attended the two games in California last year. I went down to the floor and stood behind the basket and saw her up close. She's every bit of 6'2".
She is a match-up nightmare for a lot of teams. Geno loves Morgan. He knows he can trust her. She's not going to hurt the team with bad plays, bad decisions or lack of effort.

A lot of Notre Dame fans whined and complained that UConn won two years ago only because Achonwa got hurt during the tournament.
They forgot that we lost Morgan Tuck (who was a very important part of the team) earlier that year. The Achonwa lost was constantly brought up in conversation without mention of Tuck's absence. I guess that could come under the heading of "selective amnesia". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
We need a freakin' GAME!!!

I'm tired of watching taped games. I watched the Dayton Flyer "elite eight" game for the 5th time just this morning.

That first exhibition game on November 2, will be just what the doctor ordered. A cool refreshing drink to a thirsty man/woman. In the immortal words of the NFL's Bart Scott........."can't wait". :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The average fan does not realize how good Morgan Tuck really is. Because she just happens to be on a team with other players that get most of the lime light. She was overshadowed by the likes of KML, Stewie and Jefferson. However, understand that her skillset is not ignored by GM's at the next level. I'm sure that many teams would love to have Morgan on their roster. As Seattle coach Boucek said: "most UConn players come into the WNBA ready to play".

Morgan Tuck is a headache for other teams that play UConn. She's hard to defend. She can shoot the 3 from the perimeter, or she will drive the lane and beat you. She's very good under the basket, and has great hands that can catch passes (she does not fumble) from team mates. she has a very high BB IQ. She along with Mo, are the team leaders. If you have only seen her on TV, you don't realize how tall Morgan is.

I attended the two games in California last year. I went down to the floor and stood behind the basket and saw her up close. She's every bit of 6'2".
She is a match-up nightmare for a lot of teams. Geno loves Morgan. He knows he can trust her. She's not going to hurt the team with bad plays, bad decisions or lack of effort.

A lot of Notre Dame fans whined and complained that UConn won two years ago only because Achonwa got hurt during the tournament.
They forgot that we lost Morgan Tuck (who was a very important part of the team) earlier that year. The Achonwa lost was constantly brought up in conversation without mention of Tuck's absence. I guess that could come under the heading of "selective amnesia". :rolleyes:
Agree - just one point ... Uconn had a lot of game time to adapt to Morgan no longer being on the team and for other players to establish new roles. ND lost Achonwa in the regional final, and that is a much shorter and more difficult turnaround for a team to accomplish.
NB Uconn had a similar situation when they lost Shea in 2001 and could not recover in time even with a very loaded team.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Agree - just one point ... Uconn had a lot of game time to adapt to Morgan no longer being on the team and for other players to establish new roles. ND lost Achonwa in the regional final, and that is a much shorter and more difficult turnaround for a team to accomplish.
NB Uconn had a similar situation when they lost Shea in 2001 and could not recover in time even with a very loaded team.

Agreed.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Two articles said Natalie lost 20 lbs. since arriving at UCONN. I think it is a further sign of her commitment to excelling in WCBB at UCONN.

Butler is hungry!!! It killed her to have to sit out last year, and be nothing more than a spectator. She's chomping at the bit. She's ready to come out (as Lawrence Taylor once said) "like a pack of crazed dogs and have some fun" Butler is going to be a handful for whoever is assigned to guard her. Because in her mind, she wants to make up for lost time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom