Today Is Media Day | The Boneyard

Today Is Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
STORRS - The three-time defending national champion UConn women's basketball team is holding an open practice for the media Tuesday afternoon at the Werth Champions Center.

The Huskies are continuing preparation for the start of the 2015-16 season on Nov. 16 at Ohio State. The Huskies will attempt to win a record fourth straight national title and 11th overall under the great coaching tandem of Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey.

[MORE]

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"If Tuck were to come out, many WNBA coaches have made it clear she would likely be the second pick of the draft behind Stewart"
Nice! Could be 1-Stewie, 2-Tuck, 3-Jefferson. Or Morgan could wait 1 year and go #1 in 2017.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ahem ;)! On John.
'UConn women's basketball team is holding an open practice'
Here is hoping John has misspoken and it is simply an open media day - no team practices allowed this early and we would surely have some team/coach dropping a dime to the NCAA!:cool:

HGN

Reaction Score
Ahem ;)! On John.
'UConn women's basketball team is holding an open practice'
Here is hoping John has misspoken and it is simply an open media day - no team practices allowed this early and we would surely have some team/coach dropping a dime to the NCAA!:cool:
Miami, just a ........" open practice for the media" With 'media' being the key word. This is just a 'practice' for the media , not for the players. See, what happens is , the media gets to practice how to ask its questions and how to conduct interviews with Geno and the players.

I hope.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Miami, just a ..." open practice for the media" With 'media' being the key word. This is just a 'practice' for the media , not for the players. See, what happens is , the media gets to practice how to ask its questions and how to conduct interviews with Geno and the players.

I hope.
That is the story we should stick with.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's an open scrimmage. The players will meet with Fuller, JA, etc afterwards. I think Geno is out of town recruiting.

Reaction Score
Any pics or tweets of anything that happened today? Or at photo day the other? I saw one pic of Stewie on twitter but that was it.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 3m3 minutes ago
#UConn's Morgan Tuck reconfirmed that she intends to return for her fifth season of eligibility
Great news . Of course I am sure a few BYers will post that they don't believe her, what else could she say, she could always change her mind, a lot can happen between now and when she has to make that decision, etc. I sleep better believing that she will stay and that the sun will come up tomorrow.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 4m4 minutes ago
Asked if she plans to watch @wnba draft lottery Thursday, @bre_stewart30 jokes "My problem is, Grey's Anatomy is on at the same time."

Don't worry, #UConnwomen fans, she will be watching the @wnba draft lottery. "It will be interesting to see how it all plays out."

"Am I thinking about the @wnba Draft Lottery, of course, it's where my next stop is," said @_BonnBonn Moriah Jefferson #UConnwomen

Reaction Score
Asked if she plans to watch @wnba draft lottery Thursday, @bre_stewart30 jokes "My problem is, Grey's Anatomy is on at the same time."

Don't worry, #UConnwomen fans, she will be watching the @wnba draft lottery. "It will be interesting to see how it all plays out."

"Am I thinking about the @wnba Draft Lottery, of course, it's where my next stop is," said @_BonnBonn Moriah Jefferson #UConnwomen

Fantastic quotes from our ladies. :)

Some Ballers are born great (Stewie), some achieve greatness (BonnBonn), and some have greatness thrust upon them (the rest of the AAC). :D :eek:

Reaction Score
Great news . Of course I am sure a few BYers will post that they don't believe her, what else could she say, she could always change her mind, a lot can happen between now and when she has to make that decision, etc. I sleep better believing that she will stay and that the sun will come up tomorrow.
To be fair Jewell Loyd took until the final game of her season to determine that she was going to forego her final year of eligibility, so anyone can say anything right up until that moment where they have to make a decision that is final and binding. If Tuck stays, that 5th year may very well propel her to the top spot at the 2017 draft.

Reaction Score
Fantastic quotes from our ladies. :)

Some Ballers are born great (Stewie), some achieve greatness (BonnBonn), and some have greatness thrust upon them (the rest of the AAC). :D :eek:
Hilarious! And so true...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Stewie is popular

CPimas9UYAERk_j.jpg:large

Reaction Score
To be fair Jewell Loyd took until the final game of her season to determine that she was going to forego her final year of eligibility, so anyone can say anything right up until that moment where they have to make a decision that is final and binding. If Tuck stays, that 5th year may very well propel her to the top spot at the 2017 draft.
DUH!

mr006

Reaction Score
Like the first signs of spring; hoops season is in sight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom