Today game thread assumption | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Today game thread assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Slightly better than Nolan. Great athlete but can't create his own shot and doesn't have an offensive game. He can finish lobs and dunks well which is a positive.
How man PF can create their own shot?
Putbacks and short open looks are the PF musts.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How has Facey looked in these two games?
Has the makings of being the best rebounder on the offensive end. He's still hesitant. Thinking too much. What I would expect after being on the bench most of last season. If he gains confidence he has game on offense.

H

huskymagic

How man PF can create their own shot?
Putbacks and short open looks are the PF musts.

True but he is really a tweener and not a traditional big like Nolan therefore I was comparing him to DeAndre a similar athlete. Kentan has the ability to finish underneath the basket without getting blocked all the time or losing the ball like Nolan.

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton can potentially be a 6-8 PG.

Or a 6-8 power forward. This guy alone is going to be worth the price of admission this year. (see him while you can)

Our best offense might end up being Cassell at the 2, Tsam as the point forward, Hamilton at the 4. Four ball handlers on the court creating havoc.

Last edited:

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Purvis is going to be great. He has the motor and the skill but just needs to shake the nerves and get used to in-game situations again. I'm not worried about him. Brimah will have his games (Southern) and his not so good games (Assumption). Facey needs more confidence. CassellJr has been pleasantly surprising. Especially his shooting. He is this team's Rashad Anderson and Niels Giffey. Hamilton is great. He's a pro. I like this team's potential. Saw a lot of improvements this game from last game.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Went to the game on 2 hours sleep. Did nothing to cure fatigue. Too many whistles, could not get game flowing.
Hamilton is a stud could have had a triple double if front line could finish bunnies. By far the most impressive player on the floor. He's going to be real special. Does it all. His outlet passes were incredible.

Frontline a major work in progress. Brimah 2 fouls in the first 150 seconds. Facey, Nolan, lubin.... None impressing yet.

Cassel was so solid. Like him a lot.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Facey still isn't finishing that well around the rim. He had a missed dunk today which would've made for a great highlight reel play had it gone down off the pass from Hamilton.

Reaction Score
I am going to give you the counterfactual: If Purvis can't get his shot and not turn the ball over against D-2 opponents what will he do against D-1 opponents. Cassel Jr. can score and has a great jump shot. He will score against anybody with his size and his basketball savvy.

Except that Purvis did it already versus d1 competition in the acc. He hasn't played in a year. Relax on all the Purvis and talk after two exhtionexhibition games. Means nothing

Reaction Score
What type of logic is this?

So if Cassell plays good you dismiss it because of bad competition? And if Purvis stinks again ignore it?

Ok. Gotcha. Weird that anyone would dismiss what they are seeing because they are biased toward one player. Cassell is the only player right now who can make an outside shot. That's a plus in his favor regardless who the opponent is.

Nolan had 9 points in 11 minutes in an exhibition game last year. Lenehan had 7 and omar had 16 in another. Like I said it means nothing and it is pretty logical since exhibition games do not count towards your record.

H

huskymagic

Except that Purvis did it already versus d1 competition in the acc. He hasn't played in a year. Relax on all the Purvis and talk after two exhtionexhibition games. Means nothing

Let's hope so I want Purvis to succeed. He is looking like Omar which is concerning because he is a junior and should be one of our best players since he has the athleticism and knows our offense and defense already. He also does not have confidence in his jump shot which is not a good sign because defenders know this and it makes him easier to guard.

Cassell playing well means nothing and Purvis playing horribly 2 straight games means nothing?? That does not make any sense and its only logical for us as fans to analyze what we see so far. If Purvis plays like this against Bryant on Friday, Cassell definitely should be starting at the 2 spot.

Reaction Score
Purvis may not be looking like the ferrari right now, but it is very early for a person who sat out a whole season. I was just watching some highlights of his year with NC State...obviously it is a highlight real, but you can tell that he has the tools to be a special player....I think someone posted this link a while back

Reaction Score
What type of logic is this?

So if Cassell plays good you dismiss it because of bad competition? And if Purvis stinks again ignore it?

Ok. Gotcha. Weird that anyone would dismiss what they are seeing because they are biased toward one player. Cassell is the only player right now who can make an outside shot. That's a plus in his favor regardless who the opponent is.

Crickets!!!

Reaction Score
I am going to give you the counterfactual: If Purvis can't get his shot and not turn the ball over against D-2 opponents what will he do against D-1 opponents. Cassel Jr. can score and has a great jump shot. He will score against anybody with his size and his basketball savvy.

How do you feel about Cassel now that exhibition season is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom