Today’s Conference Championship games & UConn seeding | The Boneyard

Today’s Conference Championship games & UConn seeding

Reaction Score
Today is a big day for UConn, not because we play USF but because our seeding will undoubtably be altered based on the outcome of multiple games!

Lousiville vs ND: I think ND winning would help UConn but rooting for ND to ever win leaves a sour taste in my mouth. :confused:

Miss St vs Arkansas: I think Miss State is stuck as a 2 seed but if they lose they would likely slide down to the 7th or 8th seed and have to face Baylor or winner of ACC tournament instead of us. I think Miss State wins comfortably.

Iowa vs Maryland: This outcome won’t affect UConn unless Miss State loses. Should be a great game, though. The loser could be the 3 seed in Albany. Gustafson with a huge game and a win would really make the NPOY race interesting.

Oregon vs Stanford: If Stanford wins, I doubt they leapfrog Oregon but Oregon would probably drop to 7 & Stanford would be at 8. Oregon winning would probably lock up the 4th #1 seed for them. I don’t expect a 40-point win for Oregon but I do expect a win by 10+. Ionescu has struggled 2 straight games, I wouldn’t count on 3 in a row from her.

This is the best time of the year! Enjoy!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If Mississippi State loses, they slide down to a 7 or 8 seed? If they lose they barely drop to a 3 seed, even if that. I think maybe you meant dropping in the rankings to 7th or 8th? Anyway lots of exciting games. I don't see how Arkansas makes the NCAA's unless they win. Good luck to them.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that we won't know the answer to your question until next Monday night.
It's also my opinion that the minions for each Committee member already have their brackets completed and are only going to change them if a major tournament upset happens. But that doesn't appear to be a possibility based upon the current tournament results.

Reaction Score
Today is a big day for UConn, not because we play USF but because our seeding will undoubtably be altered based on the outcome of multiple games!

Lousiville vs ND: I think ND winning would help UConn but rooting for ND to ever win leaves a sour taste in my mouth. :confused:

Miss St vs Arkansas: I think Miss State is stuck as a 2 seed but if they lose they would likely slide down to the 7th or 8th seed and have to face Baylor or winner of ACC tournament instead of us. I think Miss State wins comfortably.

Iowa vs Maryland: This outcome won’t affect UConn unless Miss State loses. Should be a great game, though. The loser could be the 3 seed in Albany. Gustafson with a huge game and a win would really make the NPOY race interesting.

Oregon vs Stanford: If Stanford wins, I doubt they leapfrog Oregon but Oregon would probably drop to 7 & Stanford would be at 8. Oregon winning would probably lock up the 4th #1 seed for them. I don’t expect a 40-point win for Oregon but I do expect a win by 10+. Ionescu has struggled 2 straight games, I wouldn’t count on 3 in a row from her.

This is the best time of the year! Enjoy!

who is lousiville? I though Lou wasn't playing today.

Reaction Score
If Mississippi State loses, they slide down to a 7 or 8 seed? If they lose they barely drop to a 3 seed, even if that. I think maybe you meant dropping in the rankings to 7th or 8th? Anyway lots of exciting games. I don't see how Arkansas makes the NCAA's unless they win. Good luck to them.
No, I mean 7 or 8 OVERALL seed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Okay, let me make this more simple for you. The 7th or 8th OVERALL seed means Miss State would still be a 2-seed in the tournament. Head bang
Then use the proper English. There are four 1-seeds, four 2-seeds etc. When you talk about a 7 or 8 seed, it makes zero sense for what you are trying to say. 7th or 8th team in the tourney overall, not 7 or 8 seed. I guess I misread! Good grief. Head bang

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The use the proper English. There are four 1-seeds, four 2-seeds etc. When you talk about a 7 or 8 seed, it makes zero sense for what you are trying to say. 7th or 8th team in the tourney overall, not 7 or 8 seed. Good grief. Head bang
Then* sorry I had to ;). All in good fun.

Reaction Score
Don’t know why you would say these games don’t matter.

First, ND over Lou moves the Irish up to the #2 overall seed and sends them to Chicago.

If Oregon wins today then they get significant consideration for a 1 depending on how UConn fares without Lou.

Also Louisville could be impacted by the injury to Fuehring. And carter?

And Maryland absolutely would move ahead of Iowa with a win. Then they’d battle with NCS for the last 2.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Assuming a win tonight for us:

One seeds:

Baylor/ND/UConn/MSU. All three would be difficult for us....hope for some upsets.

Our two: Louisville...maybe Iowa? Doubt they would ship Stanford so far.
Overall...imo...the conference tourneys have given us a bit of a boost.

Wouldn't mind seeing Iowa State as our 4 in Albany.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Assuming a win tonight for us:

One seeds:

Baylor/ND/UConn/MSU. All three would be difficult for us....hope for some upsets.

Our two: Louisville...maybe Iowa? Doubt they would ship Stanford so far.
Overall...imo...the conference tourneys have given us a bit of a boost.

Wouldn't mind seeing Iowa State as our 4 in Albany.
I Think we get Louisville as the 2 in Albany. That could give us L'ville in EE, ND in semis and a finals with Baylor.. And a championship that will have no stain of dodging anyone. BEAT them all!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom