Toby Kimball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Toby Kimball

Reaction Score
During the summer the Wes Bialosuknia all-stars would play games against the Howie Dickenmen all-stars at local high school gyms. I remember the house being packed and being thrilled to see those guys. Around the same time the Calvin Murphy all-stars would also barnstorm. I remember him dunking from a stand still under the hoop and also entertaining the crowd with his baton twirling!

Reaction Score
As I've noted before, recalling the 1964-65 season in the year 2020 is the equivalent of recalling the 1908-09 season in the year 1964. Frightening realization!

Reaction Score
As I've noted before, recalling the 1964-65 season in the year 2020 is the equivalent of recalling the 1908-09 season in the year 1964. Frightening realization!
Tell me about it.

The good part is we can recall it.

The bad part is we may not be able to recall what we said 10 minutes ago, or every 10 minutes we repeat what we said 10 minutes before that.

If it gets to 1 or 2 minute intervals, relatives trying to be helpful, may record it and try to tell us via recording our prior comments, that we already said it.

To thwart them, we tell then that is not our voice, but someone imitating us. If we get angry enough at them, we threaten to disinherit them. Then, they stop reminding us what we said every 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
I recall having the conversation with boyhood friends earlier this century that we were farther away from our early childhood currently , than we were to the 19th century which even to us kids then seemed like the middle-ages.

Reaction Score
Wasn't his brother Hank a county agent? The Kimball brothers used to destroy the Monroe brothers in 2 on 2 pick up games. True story.;)

Reaction Score
Lets face it.. Call it like it is..For those of us who remember Toby/Wes/Calvin M/Dr J and others mentioned in this thread playing at the Old FieldHouse.. We're all on the "Back Nine" of Life.. Just not sure which hole!!..LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
True.

Though some of us get glorified titles for years of service or for celebrity status.

Professor "Emeritus." "Honorary" Mayor of Derby or "Honorary" degree from Yale for a person who maybe never went to college. "Keys to the City," is another one.

In the UK, a "distinguished" person gets "knighted." And , a distinguished female actress gets the title "Dame."

For the rest of us, what? Maybe "Boneyarder for Life?" Actually, we have the privilege of self-designating ourselves by our screen names.

You mentioned golf. I would think being able to get in the cart without assistance, and being able to walk the entire course, would be something to glad for.

Reaction Score
True.

Though some of us get glorified titles for years of service or for celebrity status.

Professor "Emeritus." "Honorary" Mayor of Derby or "Honorary" degree from Yale for a person who maybe never went to college. "Keys to the City," is another one.

In the UK, a "distinguished" person gets "knighted." And , a distinguished female actress gets the title "Dame."

For the rest of us, what? Maybe "Boneyarder for Life?" Actually, we have the privilege of self-designating ourselves by our screen names.

You mentioned golf. I would think being able to get in the cart without assistance, and being able to walk the entire course, would be something to glad for.
About to do that.. 12:50 tee time..I have found using "optic yellow" balls helps speed up the pace of play..Easier to find..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom