Tobin Anderson to Iona | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tobin Anderson to Iona

Reaction Score
A lot will depend on what assistants he can bring in, and who they can help him recruit and retain. Talent > anything. If he can bring in anywhere near the talent they were able to get with Pitino, he'll be just fine. Xs and Os-wise, he's got a good head on his shoulders.
added the underline. Walter Clayton Jr., Daniss Jenkins, and Nelly Junior Joseph are P6 quality talent. If he can retain them, he is off to a great start. But he will be going against Pitino because I think Pitino will try to bring all 3 to St. John's. If Pitino is successful I wonder what happens to my favorite non-Husky player, Posh Alexander.

Reaction Score
Well the St. Francis Brooklyn coach is looking for a job now and has lots of local connections. He might be good for FDU.

Reaction Score
Stop it.

FDU is an awful job.
I agree with Fishy. That’s a job where careers go to die. You gotta be a magician to win there. You make ncaas this year, next year you are 10-25

Reaction Score
If FDU bolts for MAAC, the NEC needs to fold. The NEC took Stonehill to replace Bryant and lost Loyola of Maryland last year without a replacement and now St. Francis Brooklyn is gone. The NEC has Howard for some sports which makes no sense geographically.

Corrections - the NEC lost Mt. St. Mary's last year to the MAAC and Bryant went to America East.

OK - so where is CCSU going to play?

Are taxpayers and UConn supporters going to get the State to commit $5M more a year to get Central Connecticut in America East with the New England public universities?

Just asking for a friend ...

Reaction Score
Corrections - the NEC lost Mt. St. Mary's last year to the MAAC and Bryant went to America East.

OK - so where is CCSU going to play?

Are taxpayers and UConn supporters going to get the State to commit $5M more a year to get Central Connecticut in America East with the New England public universities?

Just asking for a friend ...
The answer to that question above is yes. They should. Southern should go D1 FCS as well.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The answer to that question above is yes. They should. Southern should go D1 FCS as well.
Actually , no. Division 1 basketball has about 100 schools that have no business being there, sorry if that offends.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So did he basically win the Iona job by beating Purdue?

Not necessarily. Apparently he was a "finalist" last year. I'm using air quotes because competing against Rick Pitino for that job gave him as much chance as I'd have against Usain Bolt in a footrace. But my point is he was on Iona's radar and the win vs Purdue made it a lock.

Reaction Score
Actually , no. Division 1 basketball has about 100 schools that have no business being there, sorry if that offends.
Why are you concerned with 100 schools that don’t belong?

They win conf, they get shot at national title. Most democratic tournament in the country. Everyone goes into march with a chance to win the national title except Merrimack.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why are you concerned with 100 schools that don’t belong?

They win conf, they get shot at national title. Most democratic tournament in the country. Everyone goes into march with a chance to win the national title except Merrimack.
Not opposed to all conference champs making the tourney. I view it more as obviously lower level athletic departments like Hartford striving to be something they are not and ultimately failing because poor sports programs are not attractive to potential students. Central and Southern would have the exact same demographics in division 1 as they would in division 2 or 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom