Tobin Anderson FDU salary. | The Boneyard

Tobin Anderson FDU salary.

Reaction Score
Really. I have read multiple sources. He was paid 40K as head coach at FDU. Wow.

Reaction Score
A lot of college coaches across basically all sports make more cash running summer camps than they do from their salaries. Wouldn't shock me if this guy took in 3x that amount doing so, especially given his connections after a decade at St. Thomas Aquinas.

Obviously he'll be making good cash at Iona now, though. Congrats to him -- he earned it.

Reaction Score
Really. I have read multiple sources. He was paid 40K as head coach at FDU. Wow.
Most coaches contracts allow them to use school facilities to run paid clinics for youth players several times per year. It's a running joke amongst parents that these "recruiting ID clinics" are just a way to supplement coaches' salaries. They charge $150-250 (some more) per kid and get 50-100 kids to attend each one. Schools get creative when they don't have big budgets, and even coaches that are well-paid take advantage. Obviously, the less prestigious will draw fewer kids, but my kid did one at Penn State that cost $300 and had at least 150 kids.

Reaction Score
Where are you getting this $40K salary from? I'm sure it's low but $40K would be absurdly low, that's hard to believe
They don't even have a pep band - they had to borrow Dayton's.

They also didn't even win their way into the NCAA's - they lost to Merrimack who wasn't eligible.

Good for him though.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter, he’ll be seeing a huge bump in pay in a few weeks.

“Anderson will certainly be seeing a notable bump in pay from the $40,000 per year he was paid at Fairleigh Dickinson, per Sportslulu. For reference, Rick Pitino made $612,000 per year at Iona, so Anderson should be looking closer to this amount. It should also be noted that Anderson was a finalist for the same job in 2020, but the program elected to go with Pitino.”

Reaction Score
i remember reading that one of shaheen holloway's assistants on st. peter's last year was an unpaid volunteer. pretty shocking disparities in this sport.

Reaction Score
Calhoun when asked about the pressure of coaching at UConn laughed. You’re making decent money and even if you lose your job you will be financially okay and find something decent.
Real pressure is a guy coaching a mid major with a young family who’s barely making a living wage and if you lose too many games you could be in serious financial difficulty. I suspect he had been there and understood the difference.

Reaction Score
Where are you getting this $40K salary from? I'm sure it's low but $40K would be absurdly low, that's hard to believe
I read somewhere that the lowest MBB salary in D1 was $220K. I have a hard time believing $40K too.

Reaction Score

I looked all over this morning to try to find salary info. There's one website that people quote over and over again, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. I'd call it "dubious at best." My D2 coach made more than that a decade ago.

This is the article... What is Tobin Anderson's salary? A breakdown of FDU coach's contract details

They quote "sportslulu" as their source, but I haven't been able to find his salary on there.

I'm not sure I believe it... even D2 coaches are making 100k these days.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If FDU is private (I'm pretty sure it is) they won't be required to disclose if they choose not to.

Also, quite often coaches salaries have multiple components. He could very well have received six figure compensation from the school with only $40k labelled as salary.

Considering the part of the country that school resides in I don't think he could have survived on $40k a year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I do not think that is even close to accurate, but I suspect there is likely a very low base salary and then some sort of clever accounting to make up the rest.

The basketball program has claimed expenses of like $250k a year, but the guy Anderson replaced was making $260k a year, so who the heck knows what Anderson made or how it was paid.

I am confident in saying that it was not $40k.

Reaction Score
I know FDU is not a particularly rich program but I assumed that $40k number was missing a zero.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter, he’ll be seeing a huge bump in pay in a few weeks.

“Anderson will certainly be seeing a notable bump in pay from the $40,000 per year he was paid at Fairleigh Dickinson, per Sportslulu. For reference, Rick Pitino made $612,000 per year at Iona, so Anderson should be looking closer to this amount. It should also be noted that Anderson was a finalist for the same job in 2020, but the program elected to go with Pitino.”
Pretty good for a Wesleyan grad with a liberal arts degree!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
$40K is not close to reasonable or believable. We paid entry level soccer coaches for Regional U-17 soccer coaches slightly less than that figure.
The majority of high school basketball coaches earn in the range of $38,000 to $76,000 annually nationally.
FDU might claim it be $40,000 but it ain’t possibly true.

Reaction Score
$40K???
There are High School coaches at North Carolina private schools who make double that easy. LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom