To the Aussies: | The Boneyard

To the Aussies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
G'Die

Congratulations on winning the Bronze medal. With the addition of a healthy Cambage and
Jackson I have to think you guys will be a handful in Rio.

And maybe the guys that set up the brackets won't put you on the same side as the USA for
a change. Then we can have a USA v Australia final in Rio, as we should have had in London
and Istanbul.

Reaction Score
G'Die

Congratulations on winning the Bronze medal. With the addition of a healthy Cambage and
Jackson I have to think you guys will be a handful in Rio.

And maybe the guys that set up the brackets won't put you on the same side as the USA for
a change. Then we can have a USA v Australia final in Rio, as we should have had in London
and Istanbul.

AMEN. But even in the beautiful game (as Maya referred to it today) politics trumps all.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
There was a group of 7 or 8 Opals sitting right behind us at end of the finals... I shook the hands of each of them for giving us our best game... When they got within 7 or 5 of our lead I must admit I got a bit anxious... I think they were very pleased to be congratulated.

Reaction Score
There was a group of 7 or 8 Opals sitting right behind us at end of the finals... I shook the hands of each of them for giving us our best game... When they got within 7 or 5 of our lead I must admit I got a bit anxious... I think they were very pleased to be congratulated.
This is what SPORTSMANSHIP is about, you congratulate great play by your most serious competitor--it's easy to be gracious to the bottom dogs, but when they are biting your heals not so easy. Congratulations I hope you added most UConn fans congratulate you--because most do. It's good to be anxious--it shows you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom