To Renew Or Not To Renew ... | The Boneyard

To Renew Or Not To Renew ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

THAT is the question. Sounds like UConn and Terp’s fans have something in common. I really hope UConn fan's continue to support our football program to show we belong in a BCS conference. But the question needs to be asked.

If your team is under performing and you don't like the product on the field do you take a stance by not dishing the Ca$h out for season tickets, thus forcing the heads to be to make decisions towards obtaining a better product, ORRR do you stick with your program through thick and thin and will your team to greatness by cheering?

Looking at Terps 247 sounds like the vast majority of the die-hards are not renewing their tickets, which has me wondering what our fan base will do.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/53/Whos-considering-not-renewing-season-tickets-next-year-5187904/1

"I simply can't justify spending $45-50 a ticket for something that has an actual value of $5-10."

With uncertainty towards our BCS status, a losing record and this economy the Rent may look worse than Bryd Stadium next year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tell me i'm wrong but i think MD with there bigger stadium and tradition rich fans don't sell as many season tix as uconn. they are nothing to compare program wise with. if im in a office up in storrs trying to plan a bright future, i want my schools to look like unc. great bball other sports, great acd's, some good and some bad football years but a strong and growing fanbase for the flagship school.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I can deal with the rebuilding on the field. I'm a whalers fan for heaven's sake. To me, it's all about the future schedule and conference affiliation. I will always support the program. It may just be from the sofa.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I don't renew your tickets, you are part of the problem, not the solution. Taking money away from the program is not going to help it get better quicker for sure.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We need solid recruits to play high-level football and win. Recruits want to play in sold-out stadiums. Sold-out stadiums make money for the athletic department and give the appearance of "big-time football". If we want to play high-level football in a BCS conference, we as fans need to do the things that make UConn look like a BCS football program. We can bitch all we want about coaching, talent, the AD - but if UConn fans don't collectively take care of their piece, we're just as much at fault.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
THAT is the question. Sounds like UConn and Terp’s fans have something in common. I really hope UConn fan's continue to support our football program to show we belong in a BCS conference.

You don't buy season tickets, do you? If not, who the are you asking the question?

F

fortebleedsblue

You don't buy season tickets, do you? If not, who the freak are you asking the question?

I'm a fan and alumni who has given UConn plenty of my money. I didn't know there were pre-requisites to posting questions and hearing various feedback. But thanks for letting me know that people like you, who feel superior to other fans because you're able to buy tix and go to games, are inclined to choose who can and cannot ask questions on this board.

Reaction Score
No question here....or likely in a lot of other fan's minds. We live live and breath this stuff. "Renew or not Renew?--WTF

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm a fan and alumni who has given UConn plenty of my money. I didn't know there were pre-requisites to posting questions and hearing various feedback. But thanks for letting me know that people like you, who feel superior to other fans because you're able to buy tix and go to games, are inclined to choose who can and cannot ask questions on this board.

What a gigantic crock of #$%@#$%@. To answer your own question, in that case...

I really hope UConn fan's continue to support our football program to show we belong in a BCS conference.

Count yourself outside, I guess.

F

fortebleedsblue

What a gigantic crock of #$%@#$%@. To answer your own question, in that case...

Count yourself outside, I guess.

How so? I didnt voice my agreement or disagreement with either option. I simply threw the question out there based on what the Terps board had. I dont get why some of you have to personally attack posters over a questions. Some on here are so wound tight that they go so far as to twist the original intention.

Reaction Score
Many fans may decide to opt out of their tickets and that is their choice. But if you use the term "die-hard" by common definition one bad season wouldn't cause such a fan to bail.

Reaction Score
Those who can afford to buy season tickets should continue to support the team. Support in the worst of times is what separates the various levels of true commitment. If by not buying you are "sending a message", save it for your other passions. You only hurt the kids and our ability to get better.

Reaction Score
How so? I didnt voice my agreement or disagreement with either option. I simply threw the question out there based on what the Terps board had. I dont get why some of you have to personally attack posters over a questions. Some on here are so wound tight that they go so far as to twist the original intention.

You don't get why certain posters attack posters who are constantly throwing out questions that amount to no more than pouring salt over open wounds of something they love? You really don't get that?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Exactly, it has much more to do with YOU OF ALL PEOPLE posting this nonsense, and not the question. Quit the "my gosh, why is everyone mad at me?" act.

F

fortebleedsblue

You don't get why certain posters attack posters who are constantly throwing out questions that amount to no more than pouring salt over open wounds of something they love? You really don't get that?

Actually I don't. I'm one of those who strongly believe that the larger the fan base = the greater the atmosphere = greater recruits AND coaches. Even in a tough time if you support your team and there is a larger fan base that ='s that much more pressure on the AD to bring the program to prime time. Regardless of the current situation great coaches want to coach for great programs with rabid fan bases. I was simply weighing the board for everyone's thoughts. Maryland seems to think that not buying their tickets will cause Edsall to be fired based on supply demand. I believe season ticket holders backing out of renewing will hamper Maryland's image to a point where good coaches won't want to work there... which will trickle down to recruits etc. Sorry this turned into Forte hates Uconn session.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Negative comments on message boards can trickle down to recruits too.

Reaction Score
I'll renew my tickets until I physically can't go to games anymore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I dont get why some of you have to personally attack posters over a questions.

If you consider someone asking you, "If not, who the freak are you asking the question?", a personal attack, well, that's pretty soft. Especially when the answer is: someone not truly invested messing with people who are. My bad for taking the bait.

Reaction Score
I don't renew your tickets, you are part of the problem, not the solution. Taking money away from the program is not going to help it get better quicker for sure.

To some that may sound like a reasonable stance.
To me, however that is a bit shallow. I'll explain:
This is our 9th year as a season ticket holder. I'm a Connecticut native, and graduated from a Connecticut university other than UCONN.. I've attended three bowl games, went to the Notre Dame and Michigan games. I've stretched our budget this last 3 year term and upgraded to second level chairbacks. IE: I take the position that I've been paying my dues.
I consider myself a Husky football fan. However, I also want to see good entertaining footbal but, I do not enjoy being tortured.
The end of the Edsall era could be considered torture at times.
For sure, the way coach P has handled the quarterback situation for so many games, has been sheer torture. Then not giving another QB a shot for the second half of the WV game might have put me over the edge. Then to read about his statement That he is not making any changes in QB after the game sure didn't help either..
Bottom line for you - - - If I choose not to renew, I don't consider myself part of the problem. I've simply had enough!!!

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I'll explain:
This is our 9th year as a season ticket holder. I'm a Connecticut native, and graduated from a Connecticut university other than UCONN.. I've attended three bowl games, went to the Notre Dame and Michigan games. I've stretched our budget this last 3 year term and upgraded to second level chairbacks. IE: I take the position that I've been paying my dues.
I consider myself a Husky football fan. However, I also want to see good entertaining footbal but, I do not enjoy being tortured.
The end of the Edsall era could be considered torture at times.
For sure, the way coach P has handled the quarterback situation for so many games, has been sheer torture. Then not giving another QB a shot for the second half of the WV game might have put me over the edge. Then to read about his statement That he is not making any changes in QB after the game sure didn't help either..
Bottom line for you - - - If I choose not to renew, I don't consider myself part of the problem. I've simply had enough!!!

If you choose to spend your money elsewhere for "more valuable" entertainment, then fine. Just don't consider yourself a fan of the program. You are more like a moviegoer at that point. If you give up tickets because you can no longer afford them, there is not a problem in the world with that. However, if you give them up to send a message or because you'd rather spend the money elsewhere, then you are far from a "die hard". If you did give up your tickets, would you jump back on the bandwagon when they started winning a few years down the line?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Sorry to edit your quote...1800 character limit is dumb. Come on MODS.

Reaction Score
a few idiots cavetching on a msg board thinking they're setting fanbase agendas is quite entertaining
i confess to this indulgence
there's nowhere to hide, can't "make" a fanbase appear BCS-worthy
truth is UConn football exists on the periphery of significance
a razor's edge (nACC invite) from being part of the "in-crowd", actually more-likely destined to be part of the Mountain West-Eastern division.
quite frankly UConn football doesn't measure up to the true BCS leagues, they will end up a member of a conference just outside the "BIG-time", and for them it is where they belong
a fanbase that consistently turns out 35,000 no matter the opponent, is pretty decent really, however falls well short of a top-echelon program.
that said, it is an absolute laugh that Maryland sold 29,000 tix for the BC game
FUCRE deserves all the scorn they can heep on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul