To Our Players | The Boneyard

To Our Players

Reaction Score
We are proud of you. You are making tremendous progress. You are winning the hardest contest of all - overcoming adversity and transforming into super competitors made of tested mettle. Keep digging hard and don’t let up. The wins will come. We are behind you 100%.

Reaction Score
Agreed- the players and especially the underclassmen are showing they're talented, coachable, and motivated. This is the recipe for future success. Kudos to the coaching staff as well - they have stepped up as well. Let's keep it going guys!!!

Reaction Score
Excited Lets Go GIF

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This season is not about wins and losses. Never was. It was about putting something resembling football on the field. They have done that the last 10 quarters.
Now, getting some wins goes a long way towards the guys’ confidence. I did not have a very positive outlook over the summer but Spanos has the boys feeling it. The boys have themselves feeling it.

this seems like the kind of season where a team goes 4-8 before going 7-5 and then going 10-2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This season is not about wins and losses. Never was
Well, it was to Randy given that a blowout and a loss to a FCS team led to his “retirement.”

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Well, it was to Randy given that a blowout and a loss to a FCS team led to his “retirement.”
That was more about the second part of my post: fielding a product that resembled football

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Good post!

Unfortunately....as fans of UConn football, we know what it looks like when a team quits.

The end of the PP era was the worst. Those players weren't even trying. Diaco's team looked like they started giving up on him after the Navy debacle (I still have nightmares).

This team has had tons of adversity this year...and in that game yesterday...and they still busted it to try to win.

Lots of credit to the players and coaches for keeping it together.

Reaction Score
We have been overmatched but did not quit this season. Listened to Steve K and Nate Carter in their postgame interviews. What a credit to their families and the program. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Agreed- the players and especially the underclassmen are showing they're talented, coachable, and motivated. This is the recipe for future success. Kudos to the coaching staff as well - they have stepped up as well. Let's keep it going guys!!!
When Chief talked about the Recruiting Pivot the last 2 years when Corey and some other younger assistants were open to new ideas and making changes, some belittled it. Now you see the on the field results.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the fans show up to the MTSU game en masse to reward these kids for their fight. They deserve to play in front of a good crowd. My opinion of course
I was a game off- it’s Yale first. By default that should be a better showing since it’s a CT team. We shall see. Point is our Huskies deserve more support. Plenty of teams going through what this program has endured of late would have quit

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can’t stay in the dirt forever, the Phoenix will rise

Reaction Score
I was a game off- it’s Yale first. By default that should be a better showing since it’s a CT team. We shall see. Point is our Huskies deserve more support. Plenty of teams going through what this program has endured of late would have quit
My fraternity has an alumni tailgate at one selected game a year. This year its Yale and we have had a great response so far. I bet many who remember the Yale/UConn games of the past at the Yale Bowl will show. Could be our biggest crowd of the year -- yes I know that isn't saying much.

Reaction Score
To the players, I see that you are not quitting. You are fighting and you are going to get a win ( I think 3).

Reaction Score
LOVE Carter - LOVE Clercius - LOVE Marion. All incredible plays against Vanderbilt in Nashville. All have this plus 3 more years. Love Jackson Mitchell and Hunter Webb - and names moms come up with. It is heartbreaking to lose the way the have 2 weeks in a row. But we should embrace the day to day advance of our Program.

Reaction Score
When Chief talked about the Recruiting Pivot the last 2 years when Corey and some other younger assistants were open to new ideas and making changes, some belittled it. Now you see the on the field results.
Over the last few weeks as the underclassmen have been given their chances to play, I can see physical attributes/athleticism and therefore similarities in their play as compared to what things looked like 10+ years ago. Let's hope their progression continues here. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom