To everybody here - Congrats | The Boneyard

To everybody here - Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a huge UConn football fan for three and a half hours, every Saturday, every fall (though I really wish I had gone today). Obviously, to some extent, I'm happy for myself.

But I'm not the guy that's here in April, posting updates from twitter on the most recent recruitments. I'm not the guy that's here in July and August agonizing over season ticket sales and clinging onto every last bit of hope that something you love so much can fend off extinction in a climate of college athletics that's stacked against them. And I'm definitely not the guys last week who were offering free tickets to fellow students and alumni, promoting the hell out of the game, and believing even though you couldn't shake the feeling that you were attending a movie you'd seen before.

Lord knows there is a ton of work still to be ton, and a lot of problems to be solved. But damn, it will be nice to do that work and solve these problems in December for a change.

These past few years have been hell, and for the first time in years there is discernible hope. I can't imagine there is anything more gratifying as a sports fan than watching every painful baby step your team makes as they work their way through a tunnel of s*** and then, finally, getting to the point where you can see out the other side.

I know you're not waiting for my permission to celebrate, but enjoy this one. You deserve it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Two weeks ago, during the Tulane game, I severed the nerves in the tip of my index finger in what I'll call a football accident. But there I was tonight, like a GD hero, using my numb, dead finger to turn down the volume on the tv whenever I got too nervous to listen to the game call.

Pretty sure Diaco is sending me a game ball for it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Two weeks ago, during the Tulane game, I severed the nerves in the tip of my index finger in what I'll call a football accident. But there I was tonight, like a GD hero, using my numb, dead finger to turn down the volume on the tv whenever I got too nervous to listen to the game call.

Pretty sure Diaco is sending me a game ball for it.

You are such a titanic idiot.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was filmed without my knowledge during the final play. Pretty embarrassing stuff.

No regrets though. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek