To every season ticket holder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To every season ticket holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not only will I be staying home, I'll be aggressively staying home.

If -cking mascot and Bob Diaco himself showed up at my door and attempted to drag me to the Rent they'd have a hell of a time. They'd have to knock me out.

How about that, OP? Sorry to disappoint you though.

Reaction Score
06029 said:
If you are staying home tomorrow, I am disappointed.

TomorrOw there are kids playing their last game of football ever in East Hartford. Ever.

These are kids, young men, that dedicated a significant portion of their last 4/5 years to a game that they play for YOUR enjoyment. They worked hard. They played hard. They had to endure coaching changes. They lived thru adversity. For you.

The record sucks this year. It sucked the last few years. Suck it up. Be what you want them to be and what they are. Incredible young men. Young men that fight, young men that persevere, young men that want to make the university and all that came before them proud.

One game. One day. Are you ready to hold yourself to the same standard they have?

Be there before kickoff. Yell loud. be proud of the kids. They deserve it.

What a joke of a post. I would find it hard to believe that these kids stayed at UConn because of any of the fans. They did not come here for the fans. They came here because they were offered scholarships. Because they related to the coaches. Because they bought into the program. Or because they wanted a chance to showcase their talents and hopefully make it in the NFL. Some came because they wanted an education.

To the contrary, I believe the kids owe it to me. 4 years of supporting a shytshow. The seniors will be gone but I'll still be buying tickets.

Don't you tell me what I owe the kids. I've sacrificed much more (time, money, mental health) and will continue to do so long after they are gone.

Reaction Score
I'm going and will be dressed appropriately. So to mother nature I say bring on the rain and cold. Let me see what you got. We can handle anything shes got. As for the other fans. I don't concern myself with what other fans do as long as they don't bother me. I think there are some fans that are more concerned about what other fans do ( wearing the right colors, cheering on third down ...) then the game itself. BTW I cheer on third down and wear Uconn clothes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Those kids got a free education on me for paying taxes. The extra money I spent on season tickets allowed them to have fun and live out a dream while they received a free education. What adversity did they go through? Playing a game on a crappy team is adversity when you receive 30 grand a year? No matter how ty the team was they still got paid. Did I? No, I still gave up money for a ty product. I paid those taxes for them to get education. How many people out there were part of a team that created a piece of crap product, got paid for it, and then got praised for it at the end? I sure as hell haven't been part of a "team" that has done that. At some point we have to hold not only the coaches accountable, but the players who get paid to go to school.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure athletics scholarships are funded by athletic department revenue (mainly donations, ticket sales, maybe TV money) and not from taxpayers.

Reaction Score
I'm going. Good lord the weather is as bleak as the season has been. It's like we haven't seen the sun around here in a month.

I didn't even bother to try and recruit anyone else to go - they probably would have suggested an intervention.

I disagree with the notion that anyone plays for our entertainment. They play for themselves. Which is what they should do.

I don't have any issue with people who don't go today. If I had to invest more than 10 minutes in the drive or had to bring kids I probably wouldn't go either.

I'm with you man. And though I often disagree with your posts I understand your frustration with this season. I'm an old guy and am willing to give the young players and the young coach time to learn and grow. That comes from raising 4 kids and living with a tough woman for 43 years.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
I'm here at the game but it certainly is lonely.

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure athletics scholarships are funded by athletic department revenue (mainly donations, ticket sales, maybe TV money) and not from taxpayers.

You're correct. Taxpayers subsidize the school, making reduced tuition possible, but we don't pay for those athletic scholarships (revenue producing teams like football and basketball). If people want to complain about scholarships for the teams that don't earn revenue they can, but they still sound like morons. This state has $51 billion in pension obligations alone. Whining about the cost of subsidizing the education of kids is pretty fahkin petty and stupid.

Reaction Score
Ok I showed up at this disaster and after a being an older fan (older than 30 ) I have to say to Warde you lost me. Hopefully things will change but it will be without me and my crew of 12. I'll watch when we are on tv. We are nothing more than UMass.

Reaction Score

University subsidy would be the largest source of revenue for the Athletics Department budget. Around 19mln this year. Making the department revenue around 44 mln out of 64 mln for expenses. Then take into the fact that I mentioned me paying for tickets for a good product in my rant and you can take 9 mln off of that 44 mln budget, making it 35mln, around half of the budget. So yes, you may be correct on a line item basis that scholarships are directly paid by donations or TV money, I can't argue that fact one way or another, but those kids don't have those scholarships or athletic department without me and you funding it.

UCPusky

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber
Reaction Score
Sitting here at the game and feeling like I'm in Memorial Stadium watching a Yankee Conference matchup. Future in doubt - Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
You're correct. Taxpayers subsidize the school, making reduced tuition possible, but we don't pay for those athletic scholarships (revenue producing teams like football and basketball). If people want to complain about scholarships for the teams that don't earn revenue they can, but they still sound like morons. This state has $51 billion in pension obligations alone. Whining about the cost of subsidizing the education of kids is pretty fahkin petty and stupid.

How on earth can UConn Football and the two Basketball teams exist without non revenue producing sports? I guess I am a moron like you mentioned, because I don't see how they do that while publicly subverting one of the most well know laws in the history of women's rights. I guess I am just stupid. And I mean it is quite idiotic to hold someone accountable when you are providing them compensation. These kids want to be paid like employees, then act like them. A lot of academic scholarships make you maintain a minimum GPA and I don't see you calling that idiotic, why should it be different for sports? I have paid for these kids and the coach to put a good product on the field, they didn't. So yes, if questioning when people say that I owe the players for enduring 4 years of not only playing a game they love, but also getting a free education makes me stupid or a moron, then so be it. And just where should I raise a debate about athletics and football? I see you think those problems are pretty petty for this board and you would rather me mention the entirety of the state budget. Any guidance would be much appreciated, since I am a stupid moron.

Reaction Score
I can live with that. I just think we need to remember that the kids did not sign up for this. they believed they were coming to win championships. I think we all forget what they sacrifice for our entertainment.

Our entertainment and the free education that is....

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Yup. You still judging those of us who couldn't waste a day to sit in the rain for this CRAP?
Screw you.
Maybe next year.

I couldn't even give 4
Tickets and a blue pass away.

We suck. Deal with it. We pay for our tickets. If we choose not to attend so be it. Ugh. Process my ass.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yup. You still judging those of us who couldn't waste a day to sit in the rain for this CRAP?
Screw you.
Maybe next year.

I couldn't even give 4
Tickets and a blue pass away.

We suck. Deal with it. We pay for our tickets. If we choose not to attend so be it. Ugh. Process my ass.
it's time to put Diaco's face on Lucy

Reaction Score
I can live with that. I just think we need to remember that the kids did not sign up for this. they believed they were coming to win championships. I think we all forget what they sacrifice for our entertainment.
In fairness, I didn't sign up for this either when I bought my tickets

Reaction Score
tough and has enough sense not to attend the shyteshow.
Then move along. Thanks for interest. You're negativity is no longer needed, wanted nor necessary. Good bye.

Reaction Score
Then move along. Thanks for interest. You're negativity is no longer needed, wanted nor necessary. Good bye.

because there's OH SO MUCH to be positive about. I am positive I enjoyed my all-I-can-eat popcorn. There, happy now?

Reaction Score
because there's OH SO MUCH to be positive about. I am positive I enjoyed my all-I-can-eat popcorn. There, happy now?
You should probably stay home as well.

Reaction Score
How on earth can UConn Football and the two Basketball teams exist without non revenue producing sports? I guess I am a moron like you mentioned, because I don't see how they do that while publicly subverting one of the most well know laws in the history of women's rights. I guess I am just stupid. And I mean it is quite idiotic to hold someone accountable when you are providing them compensation. These kids want to be paid like employees, then act like them. A lot of academic scholarships make you maintain a minimum GPA and I don't see you calling that idiotic, why should it be different for sports? I have paid for these kids and the coach to put a good product on the field, they didn't. So yes, if questioning when people say that I owe the players for enduring 4 years of not only playing a game they love, but also getting a free education makes me stupid or a moron, then so be it. And just where should I raise a debate about athletics and football? I see you think those problems are pretty petty for this board and you would rather me mention the entirety of the state budget. Any guidance would be much appreciated, since I am a stupid moron.

Instead of wasting time responding to the numerous strawmen in this nonsensical response, I'll just agree with you. Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom