To do or not to do flying UConn colors | The Boneyard

To do or not to do flying UConn colors

Reaction Score
Thinking of taking in a long island Lutheran basketball game with potential POI Kate Koval. What is the etiquette on wearing Connecticut identifying swag such as a sweatshirt or hat. What are the potential pluses and what are the potential minuses. Some insight from more experienced board members would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
As a high school player, I would be impressed that a Husky fan was there to watch. Sorry, I am not that more experienced board member.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
You should wear all of your UConn gear, and sit by yourself off to the side with a clipboard. Stroke your chin occasionally.

Nod your head in approval whenever she does something good and write stuff down at that point.

Hang around in the lobby after and tell us how many people come up to you. :cool:

On a more serious note, wear whatever you are comfortable with. Certainly no problem with wearing UConn gear.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thinking of taking in a long island Lutheran basketball game with potential POI Kate Koval. What is the etiquette on wearing Connecticut identifying swag such as a sweatshirt or hat. What are the potential pluses and what are the potential minuses. Some insight from more experienced board members would be appreciated.

You should wear all of your UConn gear, and sit by yourself off to the side with a clipboard. Stroke your chin occasionally.

Nod your head in approval whenever she does something good and write stuff down at that point.

Hang around in the lobby after and tell us how many people come up to you. :cool:

On a more serious note, wear whatever you are comfortable with. Certainly no problem with wearing UConn gear.
I agree with all of that. I wouldn't go out of your way to talk to her. Definitely don't mention UCONN (your swag will do that) and above all else, don't give her anything. No water, no towel to wipe her brow, don't share your popcorn and lastly, no cash to come to UCONN.

Do report to the BY how she played though. That's kind of a requirement.

Reaction Score
Yup. Like others I have said, wear your UConn gear. Not like you are affiliated with UConn (are you?) in anyway. Folks love seeing UConn swag at games. That is the plus side. The down side, folks will ask "Who are you here to see?" like you are recruiting somebody. Wear that gear my friend and enjoy the game.

Reaction Score
Wear a t-shirt that says "I'd like to offer a basketball player a $1 million to use her image in an ad for my CT business." :D

Reaction Score
Maybe I should go out and buy some South Carolina gear and have a conversation with her after I buy her a Gatorade oh yeah and post my pictures with her. Just a thought
I always wondered about this as well though I know very little about the rules. What stops someone from doing that? You constantly hear about how strict the rules are around recruiting, so how has no one used the rules against a rival in that way?

Reaction Score
My oldest jetsam and flotsam are photos of The Poughkeepsie Popper and Toby Kimball. Radio with the Dean. And my first visit on a spectacular Saturday in 1962. Couldn’t wait to enroll. A lifetime of games later and the fight song is still a thing of beauty. Wear whatever feels like the University of Connecticut at its best. You can’t miss.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I always wondered about this as well though I know very little about the rules. What stops someone from doing that? You constantly hear about how strict the rules are around recruiting, so how has no one used the rules against a rival in that way?
The NCAA will let a school know they may be out of compliance. If you wear a South Carolina shirt and “recruit” a high schooler, the attorneys for South Carolina will be at your door to interview you.

Reaction Score
The document hasn't been updated since 2018 for NIL, but I found this document on the UConn website about UConn's 'UConn Intercollegiate Donor and Fan Guide'. Might be worth posting a summary or link to this guide on the 'Boneyard Rules' sticky post.

Reaction Score
There is no etiquette . Just pretend you are going to a Jets game. But bring your Husky , if you have one.

Reaction Score
Wear a Norte Dame shirt and a UCONN hat. See how she handles the confusion. Very important these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom