To Be Successful you must | The Boneyard

To Be Successful you must

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep reading all these posts about hope we get this one or that one. IMO some kids dont understand what it takes to win. Some dont understand they need to change to be successful at the next level. When you on a team the team can not do it on your talent alone, you will need help and should be surrounded by coacharble talented teammates. If you keep on doing what your doing your gonna keep on getting what your getting. There is always a next level . Your goals should be to get to that next level. Geno presents the opportunity to help you reach the next level, but you must be coachable. NC's are expected at UConn. There are many shooting stars that come and go. There are many couldve beens that couldve been great but werent ready to change and missed their opportunity. Understand... to be successful at anything in life you have to pay a huge price, pay it in advance and there are no guarantees. You have to give up the way it is and be dedicated to change to become the best you can be. In order to do that ... You have to have the right attitude and you must be coachable. You have to have a leader who is proven, that can get you there. You will never get better at anything in life unless you are willing to change where you are in your life, make a total commitment, trust your mentor, and never ever give up. You have to commit to doing what ever it takes. Nothing comes easy. It takes work. Work is practicing what youve learned until you cant get it wrong. In the end its all about having the right attitude. So when a great high school player goes elsewhere because elsewhere makes them happy wish them good luck and in April smile because UConn will be in the Final4.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Great post, as always.

Pretty much sums up UConn basketball! Let`s hope that a couple of talented young recruits see it this way in the next couple of weeks.

Here is my favorite quote from your post:
If you keep on doing what your doing your gonna keep on getting what your getting.

Wise words, and plenty of examples of that!

Reaction Score
I keep reading all these posts about hope we get this one or that one. IMO some kids dont understand what it takes to win. Some dont understand they need to change to be successful at the next level. When you on a team the team can not do it on your talent alone, you will need help and should be surrounded by coacharble talented teammates. If you keep on doing what your doing your gonna keep on getting what your getting. There is always a next level . Your goals should be to get to that next level. Geno presents the opportunity to help you reach the next level, but you must be coachable. NC's are expected at UConn. There are many shooting stars that come and go. There are many couldve beens that couldve been great but werent ready to change and missed their opportunity. Understand... to be successful at anything in life you have to pay a huge price, pay it in advance and there are no guarantees. You have to give up the way it is and be dedicated to change to become the best you can be. In order to do that ... You have to have the right attitude and you must be coachable. You have to have a leader who is proven, that can get you there. You will never get better at anything in life unless you are willing to change where you are in your life, make a total commitment, trust your mentor, and never ever give up. You have to commit to doing what ever it takes. Nothing comes easy. It takes work. Work is practicing what youve learned until you cant get it wrong. In the end its all about having the right attitude. So when a great high school player goes elsewhere because elsewhere makes them happy wish them good luck and in April smile because UConn will be in the Final4.
hav
I agree with most of what you say: Coach-able seems to be your theme. Geno or any coach of merit will get you there if you are TALENTED,have a good attitude and are coach-able. Success --has many meanings; means something different to different people. Load of successful kids have entered the Uconn program and had successful lives outside of basketball. Some see success as notoriety, some see it as money, some see it as doing of others less in health, wealth, mental capacity, or where they live.I know many who never paid a "price" and strolled into success in their particular field. \
When high visibility kids go to any university other than Uconn---it does not give me a tinge--I have no animosity or even care. We have seen a lot of kids who didn't belong at Uconn but came, some left in mid season, some (in my opinion) were asked to leave. As has been OH SO OFTEN said: Uconn WBB is not for everyone! As long a Geno is riding this white horse; I shall be watch (maybe if I'm around). He does the best with the best and does well with less than the best.

Reaction Score
Geno does more with more but what truly makes Geno great is he does more with less! Any player that is willing to meet Geno and his staff 1/2 way can reach new heights!

Reaction Score
So well said. I chuckle when I read the statements virtually every new recruit says about hard work, etc. Yet few, if any, really understand it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom