To all those who were pointing to Cincy as "getting it"... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

To all those who were pointing to Cincy as "getting it"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How? They got the ACC's attention. That is they got FSU's attention. And they announce a next to nothing change. Why the fanfare for no substance. You don't attract attention unless you can support the hype. This does not support the hype.

If I put a promo that I'm giving $100 dollars to the first thousand who show up I better have the bucks. Cinci just delivered $1 dollar to the people. Hype has to at least be clever if it is deceptive.

After Louisville gets blown out by Florida, and after Louisville has an underwhelming year next year, the sheen will be off that team, and FSU will realize that it's not only Pitt and Cuse and BC that are underwhelming, but much of the BE and indeed the majority of the ACC as well. Is it lost on FSU that UConn beat both Louisville and Maryland this year? You take all these teams, dump them in a bag, shake the bag, and they are virtually indistinguishable.

UConn has had success against Maryland and Virginia, played nip and tuck games against NC State (twice), UNC, Duke (twice). Early on, before joining the BE, it was blown out by GT, VT and Miami. Since then, it has held its own. The new ACC additions, Cuse, Ville and Pitt, don't even have a winning record against UConn.

In other words, UConn football fits in well with the ACC. And that right there is the problem. FSU is about to find out that Louisville is no different.

Reaction Score
The new ACC additions, Cuse, Ville and Pitt, don't even have a winning record against UConn.
UL is 5-4 all-time. 4-4 since we joined the BE. On the other hand, we are being slapped around by Cincinnati. Hard to believe.

Reaction Score
UL is 5-4 all-time. 4-4 since we joined the BE. On the other hand, we are being slapped around by Cincinnati. Hard to believe.

It's because Cincy has been the second best football school in the BE after WV. If you look at all the NFL talent that Cincy is producing, you can understand why UConn hasn't been successful against them.

Reaction Score
I wish I was there for the 48-45 game in 2007(?)

That was 2009. I was there. I like Nippert, but in a cozy, right in the middle of campus kind of way. There's not a bad seat in the house. You would think 10k students would be the minimum with it right in the middle of campus. They averaged 29K this year. Hard to believe considering they fielded a decent team.

Reaction Score
I have been to college football games at UConn, ND, Michigan, Michigan St, BC, UConn, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Stanford, and others (sorry, no SEC games, and not Cincinnati) (and putting the quality of the team playing aside for the moment and just focusing on the stadium, surroundings, and fan passion, my favorite place to catch a football game in the fall is Michie Stadium at West Point. Michigan and ND would be my next two favorites.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have been to college football games at UConn, ND, Michigan, Michigan St, BC, UConn, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Stanford, and others (sorry, no SEC games, and not Cincinnati) (and putting the quality of the team playing aside for the moment and just focusing on the stadium, surroundings, and fan passion, my favorite place to catch a football game in the fall is Michie Stadium at West Point. Michigan and ND would be my next two favorites.
Went there for a UConn game. Great atmosphere.

Reaction Score
That was 2009. I was there. I like Nippert, but in a cozy, right in the middle of campus kind of way. There's not a bad seat in the house. You would think 10k students would be the minimum with it right in the middle of campus. They averaged 29K this year. Hard to believe considering they fielded a decent team.

It's what you get with hosting all the games in Nippert and then playing half of your games at PBS.

Reaction Score
Anyone see Tubberville's interview during the Belk Bowl? Cincy is a program that is leaving no stone unturned to get into a better conference.

Reaction Score
Yep, that was a good interview. Up to this point PP has thrown a cloaking device over our program rendering us all but invisable. Cinci's AD who worked as an assit. AD at Auburn and knew TT from there made a cold call and got a yes. They are showing a great understanding of the word proactive. We prefer monitoring.

Reaction Score
Well I ain't saying we shouldn't fire PP - not sure why it hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom