To all the coaches out there | The Boneyard

To all the coaches out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I just would like to give my two cents,as to the microscope on some players on the team,and what they do or do not do,per game,and sometimes,per possession.

Connecticut has some outstanding players,and some that will become outstanding.However,as good as they are,it seems to me,that some are dissected a little too much,for their play,for their weight,for their effort.

Let me take Kaleena,for example.Kaleena always gives very good effort,in practice and in games.Even deadly,long range shooters,can be off,on any given night.She may be a few pounds on the plus side,but,very good players have or will find a way to compensate,and being early in the season,I feel we should give Kaleena the benefit of the doubt,that she will adjust her defense,and her offense,to compensate for her weaknesses,and turn them into strengths.

Another example is Kiah.Sometimes a player going to a very part time role,to more playing time,must learn to adjust,not only to the pace and stamina,that they must have,but also,to the new responsibilities that are expected of them,whether scoring,or passing,or anything else.

As I stated,it is very early in the season,and the goal,as well as winning,is to improve each player's strengths,overcome each player's weaknesses,and learn to adjust one's thinking and awareness as the game progresses.

I,for one,have no doubt,that the coaching staff will have the team ready and able to compete later in the season,with the best that women's college basketball, has to offer.
Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Want to add to your thoughts. First on KML! She is big boned and has the appearance of carrying too much weight but actually is at a good playing weight. She has become an all around player and not just a 3 point shooter. She is one of the best wings in the country and UConn is lucky to have her. She doesn't need to have By posters knoch her about her weight.

I haven't seen Kiah improve her all around play this year. She remains someone who can rebound and block shoots but isn't a great screener or scorer.HerdefenseisjustOK For that reason Morgan who is both a good screener and scorer will start in the post. Kiah will get a lot of back up minutes where her strengths in rebounding and blocking shots will prevail.

Reaction Score
Want to add to your thoughts. First on KML! She is big boned and has the appearance of carrying too much weight but actually is at a good playing weight. She has become an all around player and not just a 3 point shooter. She is one of the best wings in the country and UConn is lucky to have her. She doesn't need to have By posters knoch her about her weight.

I haven't seen Kiah improve her all around play this year. She remains someone who can rebound and block shoots but isn't a great screener or scorer.HerdefenseisjustOK For that reason Morgan who is both a good screener and scorer will start in the post. Kiah will get a lot of back up minutes where her strengths in rebounding and blocking shots will prevail.

My thoughts exactly.I hope the interview with Lobo re K's weight etc. was a result of some of the really negative comments made by some BYers and erased any more room for ridicule. Go K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom