To All of our Out-of-Town Guests | The Boneyard

To All of our Out-of-Town Guests

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Stay awhile. I really appreciate those like FranktheTank, GopherHawk, ThirdElement, GFunk, etc. that come on this site to over their insight and opinions. Would definitely like to see this board become the home of rational realignment discussion.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the invitation. I am a B1G alum (Ohio State). I have tried to follow B1G expansion for this reason. I happened upon this site as I was looking at other potential B1G candidates. I think UConn would be a worthwhile addition to the B1G. Although there has been a pause in expansion, I still think the end game is 16 teams for the B1G and that the last two will still be from the east. I think the challenge would be which two teams and more specifically which team to pair with UCONN especially now with the ACC GOR.
I imagine the B1G would watch with interest if a rebranding of the University at Buffalo The State University Of New York to New York State University were to happen. I happened on this link: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/campus/2013/04/ub-or-not-ub-that-is-the-question.html. Although not too sure how legitimate, I still found it of interest. The addition of UConn, the state of Connecticut's flagship university, along with the addition of a newly branded New York State University, a research university that is the leading public university in the state of New York and an AAU member and has an FBS football team, would seem to me to be a potential option to the B1G.
If this B1G expansion, with Maryland and Rutgers, is about academics and markets then having the flagship universities of Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey and New York along with Penn State and the rest of the B1G would seem to me to be of interest to the B1G university presidents. I think this would certainly solidify the presence of the B1G in the northeast region and achieve their aim of truly expanding beyond just being a Midwest conference.

Reaction Score
Happy to hang out. As a Gopher and Hawkeye fan you can tell I like the underdog. I was starting to get worried. Posts on this forum were staring to dry up. Almost as if you guys were giving up.

Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 37

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I suspect that this will become one of the last active realignment boards pretty soon. Not too many other fan bases really care about it any more.

Reaction Score
There is nothing else to do in WV until football starts up again.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Imagine that guys. We may be saved by Buffalo. Chew on that Buffalo haters!

If Buffalo goes to the Big 10 and we don't, you will never hear from me again.

I will drop what I'm doing and walk west until I come to the first bridge or cliff and then I will swan-dive into the Hudson. I hope it's frozen.

Reaction Score
Ha-ha! UB ain't happening. Nor will it be known as the state university.

I don't know who that reporter's sources were, but the whole article sounded like a crock. Danny White making decisions like that? Really? A local businessman telling the school to rename itself? Really? This school has even very minor decisions made at SUNY Central in Albany. I call that a case of very bad reporting. It can't be true. Or else there are delusional people running around.

UB may one day be a heavyweight in D1 college sports -- in hockey.

Reaction Score
They sure did, but it is amazing how many of them now pine for the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom