To Add Insult to Injury, Expect a Red Wave Next Saturday | The Boneyard

To Add Insult to Injury, Expect a Red Wave Next Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With a chance of a BE title, our fan interest down, expect 20K RU fans to fill the stadium and provide enough noise to make it feel like home away from home for their team. It could be pretty ugly.

Reaction Score
it would be nice if people showed up for this one yeah we suck this year but im going to the game to support the seniors

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With a chance of a BE title, our fan interest down, expect 20K RU fans to fill the stadium and provide enough noise to make it feel like home away from home for their team. It could be pretty ugly.

I'm calling stupid on this one. No way will there be close to 20K snooki fans. Maybe 5-7 thousand.

And you know what? Good for them. They're excited about their team and they're ready to show it.

Best way to solve the dilemma? Uconn wins more often and we have a stadium packed with our excited fans.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nothing disgusts me more than the thought of losing to Rutgers. It's been a disappointing season... but I'd have no problem with "at least we beat Rutgers" to carry me in to next year. If we lose... I can't even think about it. The thought of them claiming their vast superiority over us makes me want to puke.

Reaction Score
I think there were many more Louisville fans there than the visitor section suggested. I have at least 20 people in my section wearing red winter coats. The only issue is those same people are there for every home game. Come on people, can't you at least wear your achools color? We are so small time. It's not even funny.

Reaction Score
Nothing disgusts me more than the thought of losing to Rutgers. It's been a disappointing season... but I'd have no problem with "at least we beat Rutgers" to carry me in to next year. If we lose... I can't even think about it. The thought of them claiming their vast superiority over us makes me want to puke.

I think that you've been feeling that way for a long time. Besides, WE always play great games against each other.It's been that good over the years.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think that you've been feeling that way for a long time. Besides, WE always play great games against each other.It's been that good over the years.
That it has been. It's nothing personal. :)

Reaction Score
I think there were many more Louisville fans there than the visitor section suggested. I have at least 20 people in my section wearing red winter coats. The only issue is those same people are there for every home game. Come on people, can't you at least wear your achools color? We are so small time. It's not even funny.

The worst offenders are the Bruins fans who wear their gold and black jackets to a WVU game.

I've come to the conclusion we are a generation away from having an educated fan base and that's a maybe.

If we lose to RU with the chance to possibly knock them from a BCS bowl game then my/our stomach churning college football season is complete.

I don't think I'll ever feel the same about college football again.

Reaction Score
The worst offenders are the Bruins fans who wear their gold and black jackets to a WVU game.

I've come to the conclusion we are a generation away from having an educated fan base and that's a maybe.

If we lose to RU with the chance to possibly knock them from a BCS bowl game then my/our stomach churning college football season is complete.

I don't think I'll ever feel the same about college football again.
And unfotunately one gold or one red jacket stands out more than 50 dark blue jackets. I have been to a number of road games and I think the percentage of fans wearing the home team colors is close to the same everywhere. Ours just don't stand out.
There are also fans in these stadiums complaining about other fans not making noise. I for one wear blue and make as much noise as possible and could care less about what the guy behind me is doing unless he is drunk and obnoxious (we do have a higher percentage of those).

Reaction Score
I am not so sure about that. Our group will be 23 people rather than the normal 8 (not all sitting together). We have a number of out of state people who will be returning to CT for Thanksgiving. I think a lot of people who are coming home for the holidays will want to take in a game.

Reaction Score

Buck take a pill. There are not 20k tickets available. Will there be ten? Possibly but it is time UCONN fans buck up, pun intended and support the SR's. This is their day despite the choice of a coaching staff that thinks they can take a ship to Mars that has been programed to go to Venus.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
WTF? everyone.

This is the easiest titled thread to blow up since I don't know.

"Expect a Red Wave"?

Wait for it. Wait for it.

You mean Snooki and her friends have synched up and are showing up for the game? It's so funny and so easy a joke, you don't even want to laugh. Nevermind thinking about it actually being true.

So for those of you going to the game next week, look at all the female RU fans and think to yourself, "Is she part of the red wave?".

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank you, sir.

You're welcome. And I could write a bunch of "please don't call me sir, I work for a living" jokes, but I won't.

I'm fortunate enough to work with Marines and Sailors every day and enjoy it thoroughly.

Reaction Score
Buck take a pill. There are not 20k tickets available. Will there be ten? Possibly but it is time UCONN fans buck up, pun intended and support the SR's. This is their day despite the choice of a coaching staff that thinks they can take a ship to Mars that has been programed to go to Venus.

It would be nice for some of the CT HS coaches that so graciously signed the letter sent to Hathaway supporting the hiring if Coach P to get a team trip together for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom