TNF 9/19: Houston @ Tulane; Titans @ Jaguars | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TNF 9/19: Houston @ Tulane; Titans @ Jaguars

Reaction Score
Yeah.. I went for the link for emphasis even though the picture of the current stadium is proof enough.
Your proof is BS, the picture below is a 20,000 seat high school stadium in Allen Texas. It looks way bigger than Yulman, especially on the far side.

screen-shot-2015-08-28-at-6-17-21-am.png

Reaction Score
Yulman holds 30k legit. Looks more like a MLS stadium but it does the job for Tulane.

No it doesn't, seating for only 24,000 and I'm still skeptical on that number. Holds 30,000 if you include SRO. I could tell by just looking at the pictures. The real giveaway is the side opposite the grandstand, only 30 rows. Huskymedic can eat it.

Reaction Score
No it doesn't, seating for only 24,000 and I'm still skeptical on that number. Holds 30,000 if you include SRO. I could tell by just looking at the pictures. The real giveaway is the side opposite the grandstand, only 30 rows. Huskymedic can eat it.

You pick some really weird fights on this board.

Reaction Score
The Houston board is special this morning, if you're looking for a Friday pick-me-up head over there it's hilarious.....oh and Eagle stadium in Allen, TX is 18,000....not 20,000

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Watching Houston @ Tulane. Tulane's stadium looks smaller than my high schools.

It's built more like a soccer than a football stadium.

Reaction Score
It's built more like a soccer than a football stadium.
They say it holds 30,000, which is correct if you include SRO. Seating for only 24,000 which I am skeptical of given that there are only 30 rows on the side opposite the grandstand and in the endzone areas. It can be made to look larger than it is if you look at photos showing it from a slight grandstand perspective.

Reaction Score
You pick some really weird fights on this board.
You can make a stadium look huge depending on the perspective of the photos. Technically it does hold 30k, but that's only if you include SRO areas. Without the SRO areas it holds way less, saying seating for 24,000 but I'm skeptical of that figure too since many of the seats opposite the grandstand side are simple benches. When a moderator attacks you personally because they think you are wrong, maybe it is time take a step back though. I would say judging from the pictures it comfortablly holds 20,000 tops.

Reaction Score
Wow, does it really matter? Given the cost of building a stadium, my guess is they squeezed in as much capacity as possible be it 20,000 or 30,000. The biggest benefit is the stadium’s location. In the old days students would have to go downtown to the Superdome which always looked empty. It suffered from the same problem as every off campus situation. Sometimes less is more.

Reaction Score
Wow, does it really matter? Given the cost of building a stadium, my guess is they squeezed in as much capacity as possible be it 20,000 or 30,000. The biggest benefit is the stadium’s location. In the old days students would have to go downtown to the Superdome which always looked empty. It suffered from the same problem as every off campus situation. Sometimes less is more.

Yeah it might, that's my whole point. Although I am not sure of the NCAA rules on how large a stadium has to be to qualify for FBS level competition. It's clear to me that they tried to save money by shoe-horning in 30,000 spectators, which includes SRO.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Someone on one of these fans sites (someone with about the same credibility as the tigerdroppings fan site) said that when they toured Yulman they were told it seats 27k with about 3k for SRO.

So when are we going to be shown a 60k HS stadium in texas?

FWIW - Yulman looks small time - but I like how its shoehorned in on campus per google maps. Cool set up for a tight space.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
There couldnt have been more than a couple hundred Tulane students in the stadium to watch that fantastic finish. When it was over, the commentor mentioned they were all headed to "The Boot" to celebrate. I texed back and forth this morning with a UCONN buddy who's son goes to Tulane. "Eric was watching the game at The Boot."

Reaction Score
Someone on one of these fans sites (someone with about the same credibility as the tigerdroppings fan site) said that when they toured Yulman they were told it seats 27k with about 3k for SRO.

So when are we going to be shown a 60k HS stadium in texas?

FWIW - Yulman looks small time - but I like how its shoehorned in on campus per google maps. Cool set up for a tight space.
I never said 60k, huskymedic pulled that figure out if his @. SS.

As for believing "someone", or your neighbors 2nd cousin, verifiable info on TD's site seems more accurate to me. Since a lot of the seating is bench seating, not individual seats, and since there are only 30 rows 3-4's of the way all around the stadium. I think at the most you can fit 20,000 comfortably unless they're sardines. That's probably far too low for the NCAA FBS guidelines.

Reaction Score

30k capacity stadium on campus makes a boatload worth of sense when you have the Superdome 10 minutes up the road when needed/desired.

Reaction Score
IMO it doesn't matter how big that stadium is. It looked like there was only 4000 in attendance last night, a true showcase for the Power 6 conference. Also, those Houston guys who think they should be in the Big 12 need to do some serious soul searching.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe 30,000 Munchkins and even that's doubtful, and where do the little people park? I see a small parking garage and that's it. Is there a subway that runs under it? Lol. Yes, my school did have a large stadium, and I've seen high school stadiums in Texas that are twice this size.

Yulman Stadium.....wow look at those bleacher style seats. 30,000 people, yeah right.

Rob - you said it right here in this very thread - "twice the size." So where is that Texas HS stadium?

The only place on the web that seems to have the actual seating pegged at 24k is Tigerdroppings...who obviously has an axe to grind with little brother Tulane.

Reaction Score
Rob - you said it right here in this very thread - "twice the size." So where is that Texas HS stadium?

The only place on the web that seems to have the actual seating pegged at 24k is Tigerdroppings...who obviously has an axe to grind with little brother Tulane.
.....but I never said 60k, my point being, just because I said in a flipant manner, "twice the size" doesn't necessarily mean multiplying by 2, seating wise. That tact of huskymedic is typical of him taking some poetic license and then trying to pin someone down on something they never actually said. It could mean twice the size in how tall the stadium is, or how many shops and restaurants are built into the structure, or how much parking there is, or how much concrete was used, how many levels there are, how big the field is from wall to wall, etc. Further more, who has more to gain by fudging the actual seating numbers with respect to the NCAA and FBS people? Huskymedic, Tulane, Tiger Droppings, or you? There is no argument that there are ONLY 30 rows of bench seating 3-4's of the way around the field (not including the grandstand side). That's puny. If you blow this picture up you can clearly count the rows.

Yulman_Stadium_Westfeldt.jpg

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
.....but I never said 60k, my point being, just because I said in a flipant manner, "twice the size" doesn't necessarily mean multiplying by 2, seating wise.

So while you are obsessed with doing an eyeball count about seats in this thread, your flippant comment about "twice the size" was actually about everything else but capacity? Well - you still could show us a double height stadium or double 'something' stadium if that is what you meant.....which I doubt. I mean, whatever - we all just want to see that double "something" stadium you insisted is seen in Texas.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom