TNewt stunning stat | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TNewt stunning stat

Reaction Score
If he was on a less talented Uconn team he'd be running away with these National awards. Even so he currently leads this years team in Points per game, assists, AND rebounds.

Reaction Score
What’s the leaderboard for all time college triple doubles?

Hard to imagine too many guys getting more than 4

Reaction Score
What’s the leaderboard for all time college triple doubles?

Hard to imagine too many guys getting more than 4
Since 2010, Kyle Collinsworth had 12 for BYU, 6 each in 2 different seasons. NCAA single season and tied for career records.

For high majors in that time span, 4 is the most

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Congrats to TN on his achievement of a 4th triple double. May he continue this trend into March!

Poe

Reaction Score
First team all-American would be a phenomenal accomplishment for TN. I anticipate he won’t win BE POY (although he should), but will be a 1st/2nd team all-American.

Hopefully he puts a stamp on it in the last 3 games.

Reaction Score
I have been saying all year. We go as Tristen goes.
And who the heck was BE player of the week last week? 27 vs Creighton and triple double vs Villanova with 16 rebounds. Never heard of a college point guard getting 16 rebounds before.

Reaction Score
I have been saying all year. We go as Tristen goes.
And who the heck was BE player of the week last week? 27 vs Creighton and triple double vs Villanova with 16 rebounds. Never heard of a college point guard getting 16 rebounds before.
Kam Jones posted back to back super efficient 34 pt games in a 2-0 week

Reaction Score
Does Newton at some point get inducted into the Huskies of Honor?

Reaction Score
If he leads us to another FF
Using Rudy Gay as a comp for a two year player the stats are close

(Rudy 870 points/378 rebound/116 assists/83 steals in 64 games)
(Tristen 818 points/378 rebound/349 assists/73 steals in 67 games)

Rudy has some individual awards as an Consensus second-team All American/ All Big East 1st team player/Freshman of the Year but depending on how the year plays out and how voters feel Tristen could match that and has a national championship trophy in his back pocket.

Tristen might be destined for the wall.

Reaction Score
First team all-American would be a phenomenal accomplishment for TN. I anticipate he won’t win BE POY (although he should), but will be a 1st/2nd team all-American.

Hopefully he puts a stamp on it in the last 3 games.
1st team AA, honorable mention BE

Reaction Score
Newton is currently tied with Basketball Hall of Famers David Robinson (Navy), Jason Kidd (California), and current NBA superstar Ja Morant (Murray State). If he can rack up one more triple double, he’d move up to a tie for fourth– as one of only eight players in history to record five in his career.

Alternate access:
Tristen Newton’s name now next to Shaquille O’Neal, David Robinson on NCAA’s all-time triple double list

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
how do fans in Gampel know TNewt is close to a triple double?

We don't. We know personal points and fouls, and team stats

Can't even pretend we have the internet, because the WiFi sucks

I was cheering because Alex finally scored. I have to believe most people there were doing the same. We had no idea that was Newton's triple double
Friends told me that's all they talked about on TV, but we were oblivious to the triple double

XL scoreboard is different, we would have known

Reaction Score

Who else is in the running for First Team All-America honors?

Don't hold me to this. But if I had to submit a First Team All-America ballot right now, it would probably look like this:
I tend to try to construct All-America teams that are lineup sensible, and what I did above complies. I'm torn between Davis, Newton and Shead for my backcourt spots — and Alabama's Mark Sears also deserves consideration. All of that will sort out in the coming weeks. And Duke's Kyle Filipowski, Auburn's Johni Broome and Dayton's DaRon Holmes are obvious candidates to replace LeDee. So we're far from down here, although Edey and Knecht seem like safe bets.

Reaction Score

Who else is in the running for First Team All-America honors?

Don't hold me to this. But if I had to submit a First Team All-America ballot right now, it would probably look like this:
I tend to try to construct All-America teams that are lineup sensible, and what I did above complies. I'm torn between Davis, Newton and Shead for my backcourt spots — and Alabama's Mark Sears also deserves consideration. All of that will sort out in the coming weeks. And Duke's Kyle Filipowski, Auburn's Johni Broome and Dayton's DaRon Holmes are obvious candidates to replace LeDee. So we're far from down here, although Edey and Knecht seem like safe bets.

Newton > Shead
Holmes > LeDee

Reaction Score
We don't. We know personal points and fouls, and team stats

Can't even pretend we have the internet, because the WiFi sucks

I was cheering because Alex finally scored. I have to believe most people there were doing the same. We had no idea that was Newton's triple double
Friends told me that's all they talked about on TV, but we were oblivious to the triple double

XL scoreboard is different, we would have known
as I suspected, thank you

Reaction Score
As unfair as it might be, I think the fact that he's an upperclassman transfer and a 5th year senior keeps him from getting as much respect as you would normally expect considering his achievements.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom