TN Visiting the Basketball Hall of Fame (no word on whether they are bringing recruits) | The Boneyard

TN Visiting the Basketball Hall of Fame (no word on whether they are bringing recruits)

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I can't believe I am the only one whose eyebrows elevated when seeing the Lady Volunteers Tweet that included information about their scheduled trip to the HoF. Sharing with you all because you are my people and will appreciate or at least duly note the hilariousness of this turn of events totally unrelated to Maya's big news.

So glad these games are back.

Reaction Score
I hope they are taking along some recruits. Basketball Hall of Fame, less than 1 hr drive from Storrs. ESPN, less than 1 hr drive from Storrs. That whole itinerary is a great if they want to convince their recruits to go to UCONN!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well of course they can't "bring" recruits. :rolleyes: However, the question is will there be recruits at the game tonight? I'm more inclined to think not a lot, if any. Unless some rather local ones. If this game were on a weekend, sure, but on a Thursday night, middle of the season/practice for players and middle of school week. That's tough to get away for.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well of course they can't "bring" recruits. :rolleyes: However, the question is will there be recruits at the game tonight? I'm more inclined to think not a lot, if any. Unless some rather local ones. If this game were on a weekend, sure, but on a Thursday night, middle of the season/practice for players and middle of school week. That's tough to get away for.
I would thing the last they'd want a recruit to see is a UConn home game.

Reaction Score
After all of their tours and a big-time loss they will be riding to Bradley thinking,"Hey,maybe they are right that everything wcbb does run through Storrs,Ct.and the only thing running through Knoxville is the Tennessee river."

Reaction Score
Not one person on this staff, or team, has ever said a negative word about your coach or team, and ya'll attack them for going to the Hall of Fame....Not real classy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not one person in this staff, or team, has ever said a negative word about your coach or team, and ya'll attack them for going to the Hall of Fame....Not real classy.

You know, I agree with Big Shoulders fully, and I'm a UConn fan. Jeez, these are 18-21 year old kids (ok, young adults) going to see the BB Hall of Fame - That's great!! I hope they love it and have a wonderful and inspiring time there. Glad they are taking the opportunity to see it. I hope the fans around me at the XL tonight show some respect for the TN players while cheering for our team!! I came out of lurker land to reply to this because I was feeling so sorry about the things being said about these young women - and that is why I'm going back to being a lurker....

Reaction Score
Given that it is only an hour away from Storrs I would think going to the Hall would be an automatic must trip for any visiting team. I actually would wonder why anyone playing UConn would not make the trip. Wouldn’t Sabrina want to see the place of her future enshrinement when Oregon visits?Incidentally, did you know that a year or so after inventing basketball, Naismith moved to Colorado, one of the reasons why small Colorado schools dominated the sport by the 1920s, most notable tiny, tiny, tiny Joes? Their boys team, along with Windsor, were mainstays in the national championship games where schools of 50, like Joes, competed with schools of several thousand. Their girls team was very good as well.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Oh come on it's a joke. I guess you need to know the history to get some of the references.
lol @hoopsfan22 You are absolutely correct. Tonight is for the old timers. Have some fun...stoke up the faux hate. Fan is short for fanatic. Let's go!!! lol. #BringtheRivalryback

Reaction Score
lol @hoopsfan22 You are absolutely correct. Tonight is for the old timers. Have some fun...stoke up the faux hate. Fan is short for fanatic. Let's go!!! lol. #BringtheRivalryback
Faux?? Oh. I didn’t know it was supposed to be faux. Geez - all these years I’ve really hated Tennessee :p:p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Faux?? Oh. I didn’t know it was supposed to be faux. Geez - all these years I’ve really hated Tennessee :p:p
Yea, ain't no faux here.

c818af35-8d8b-4abe-9148-3569bd247009_800.gif

:D:p:D:p:D:p

Reaction Score
The thing that is being missed here is that Summitt and an assistant were once reprimanded for an NCAA recruiting violation back around 2000 when they arranged for a FREE tour of the Knoxville womens basketball HOF for recruits and their families. Very similar to the ESPN tour which was free while the arranged tour by Tenn had a monetary value.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not one person on this staff, or team, has ever said a negative word about your coach or team, and ya'll attack them for going to the Hall of Fame....Not real classy.
Good lord. Lighten up already. Recognize the obvious humor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom