TLAW is now a Senior...!! | The Boneyard

TLAW is now a Senior...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
TLAW 7.jpeg

A player can only control the amount of effort they give in practice or in a game. Only the coach can glance down the bench, see the eager look on their face and call their name to go in. Tierney Lawlor has not missed a practice in 3 full seasons, much less a game. She is Geno's model of how hard players are expected to work in practice and according to him, one of the most improved players on his team. Her scholarship is testament to his and the staff's love of her effort, character and contribution.

This year, TLAW is one of two Seniors, finishing a career that might be a tad short on gaudy statistics, but is deeper than one can imagine in courage, determination and pure heart. It has been more than 1,000 days since Lawlor, the shy 3 sport athlete from Ansonia, answered Stewie's call for walk-ons to try out for the team. Those thousand days have been filled with endless hours of practice, countless trips to far away games and precious moments of brief glory.

Three years have gone by and Tierney has done her level best to contribute to 3 consecutive National Championships. She has survived the practices, the travel, hotel rooms and the grind of a long season. The entire time she has never complained or given the impression the trip was anything but fun and she was anything but grateful. A perfect team mate in every sense of the word.

TLAW is special and appreciated by her team mates, her coaches and especially by UConn fans. Have a great season T..!!

Go TLAW..!!

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I love David's posts in general as much as any poster on the board. Succinct, to the point, full of great tidbits and warmth. Thank you for your contributions to the board (and of course to TLaw for her contributions to the team)! :)

Reaction Score
View attachment 16027

A player can only control the amount of effort they give in practice or in a game. Only the coach can glance down the bench, see the eager look on their face and call their name to go in. Tierney Lawlor has not missed a practice in 3 full seasons, much less a game. She is Geno's model of how hard players are expected to work in practice and according to him, one of the most improved players on his team. Her scholarship is testament to his and the staff's love of her effort, character and contribution.

This year, TLAW is one of two Seniors, finishing a career that might be a tad short on gaudy statistics, but is deeper than one can imagine in courage, determination and pure heart. It has been more than 1,000 days since Lawlor, the shy 3 sport athlete from Ansonia, answered Stewie's call for walk-ons to try out for the team. Those thousand days have been filled with endless hours of practice, countless trips to far away games and precious moments of brief glory.

Three years have gone by and Tierney has done her level best to contribute to 3 consecutive National Championships. She has survived the practices, the travel, hotel rooms and the grind of a long season. The entire time she has never complained or given the impression the trip was anything but fun and she was anything but grateful. A perfect team mate in every sense of the word.

TLAW is special and appreciated by her team mates, her coaches and especially by UConn fans. Have a great season T..!!

Go TLAW..!!

David--nice tribute--I hope TLaw gets to read it. She is all you say and more. She's a VALLEY GIRL (Naugatuck River Valley)

BUT BUT BUT--I was hoping for a DavidNaples TEST---I've come close to passing a little more each test--I was hoping this one I could finally break 66. Then I'd finally leave my PHD behind

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I just enjoy watching TLaw on the sidelines. Such passion. She's going to make a great coach one day.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Always great to have a player like Lawlor on the team. Hope she's enjoyed her ride as much as we've enjoyed watching her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom