TJ Weist | The Boneyard

TJ Weist

Reaction Score
The unending praise for TJ Weist amazes me. We do not want TJ Weist as our head coach lol
Pasqualoni, Diaco and Edsall are all better. You're right.

Last time we ever won anything? TJ Weist. But whatever, don't want the guy.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni, Diaco and Edsall are all better. You're right.

Last time we ever won anything? TJ Weist. But whatever, don't want the guy.

He won like 3 meaningless games at the end of the season against other bad teams. And arguing that X should be head coach because he’s better than Y and Z who are both train wrecks does not make X a good coach. If that’s our logic, we’ll end up clamoring for Lovie Smith or some other coach who is nominally better than Edsall.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I guess were basing the future of our football program on our attire ‍♂️

Reaction Score
I’d take Weist. He’d come for 750k plus performance incentives and be motivated as hell. He remains the only coach to put together 3 wins in a row in the last 8 years... I don’t care how bad the competition was allegedly... we just lost UMass and are sitting at 1-6 eeking our a win against URI. Good Lord, it’s time to think outside a wet paper bag.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I’d take Weist. He’d come for 750k plus performance incentives and be motivated as hell. He remains the only coach to put together 3 wins in a row in the last 8 years... I don’t care how bad the competition was allegedly... we just lost UMass and are sitting at 1-6 eeking our a win against URI. Good Lord, it’s time to think outside a wet paper bag.

Weist would not do a good job, and you'd be the first person calling for him to be fired halfway through his first season.

Reaction Score
Weist would not do a good job, and you'd be the first person calling for him to be fired halfway through his first season.
Well, we certainly can’t do worse than we are. So many still think our crap doesn’t stink when in fact we are the bottom of the toilet bowl.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well, we certainly can’t do worse than we are. So many still think our crap doesn’t stink when in fact we are the bottom of the toilet bowl.

I'm not denying that our crap stinks. T.J. Weist would not make our crap smell any better.

Reaction Score
Comparing TJ to full time coaches is an apples to roast beef analogy. As in interim coach, though, he took a team gone awry and gave them a reason to believe. He refused to take the head coach office as an interim and was gracious in his exit after getting a one minute interview from Warde. I will never forget his enthusiasm or short sleeves in that come from behind road victory against Temple.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom