TJ Weist Will Interview Tomorrow | The Boneyard

TJ Weist Will Interview Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like he's been interviewing the last 3 Sat's
How bout the previous 5 games? Not part of the interview process as well?

It is perfectly acceptable to give him props for the job he did the last three weeks, and not think that automatically gets him the job. He is getting a legit interview it seems. Lets see where it goes.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:

It is perfectly acceptable to give him props for the job he did the last three weeks, and not think that automatically gets him the job. He is getting a legit interview it seems. Lets see where it goes.

Did you people expect him to win day one? It's so crazy the lack of emphasis that had been put on the righting of the ship that obviously took time. Even if the interim head coach was Nick M Saban, the results could have been the same.

Reaction Score
Flood 2.0

Look at his record last year just to see how Flood started out. Hell, he actually started out much better than Weist. Hire a real coach or be in the same crappy position that RU is currently trying to resolve.

Reaction Score
Coach Flood said:
Flood 2.0

Look at his record last year just to see how Flood started out. Hell, he actually started out much better than Weist. Hire a real coach or be in the same crappy position that RU is currently trying to resolve.

Ef RU. Your stupid a s s was supposed to be gone last Sunday.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

What the completely dead offense that started the season? Might wanna bury that in the archives for awhile.

Reaction Score
Did you people expect him to win day one? It's so crazy the lack of emphasis that had been put on the righting of the ship that obviously took time. Even if the interim head coach was Nick M Saban, the results could have been the same.
Point is they should all count. Don't forget the colossal blunder in the USF game for not calling the timeout. He gets props for how they finished, but he also totally abandoned the run at Cincy when it was working. Can't see how you just count the good and discard the bad.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Point is they should all count. Don't forget the colossal blunder in the USF game for not calling the timeout. He gets props for how they finished, but he also totally abandoned the run at Cincy when it was working. Can't see how you just count the good and discard the bad.
Well if I was interviewing for a job I certainly wouldn't tell my potential future employer that at times I sucked at my last job.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:

There is an exception for the losses. The team was lost and I don't think there is a rule to how long it takes a new coach to right the ship. Sure, he lost five straight. But I think the PP/GDL lose 8.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
An exception for the losses???? Okay. Like I said, his finish to the season got him a legit interview. He is owed nothing more at this point.

Yes. He was put in an impossible position. It's a miracle they won any games.

Reaction Score
Yes. He was put in an impossible position. It's a miracle they won any games.
He did a fine job given the totality of the circumstances. He got himself an interview. This exchange of posts makes me want to punch myself in the face.

This is a desirable opening at the moment. The top candidates should be vetted properly, in the next week. Anything else would be negligence on Warde's part.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
He did a fine job given the totality of the circumstances. He got himself an interview. This exchange of posts makes me want to punch myself in the face.

This is a desirable opening at the moment. The top candidates should be vetted properly, in the next week. Anything else would be negligence on Warde's part.

Please punch yourself. And when your done punch whaler.

Reaction Score
Flood 2.0

You still hangin around???

Reaction Score
If Warde is smart, he will -- at some point during tomorrow's "interview" -- ask Weist if he'd be willing to re-assume the position of OC going forward (with a healthy pay raise as thanks for his service), and if there are any specific HC candidates who Weist would have any issues collaborating with.

Assuming Weist is amenable to continuing as OC, Warde should ask other HC candidates for their thoughts about Weist and his offensive philosophy. If there's a "bigger-name" coach with a recruiting pedigree who likes Weist and would want to keep him around as OC, then that's a point in that coach's favor.

Reaction Score
Please punch yourself. And when your done punch whaler.
I'm just amazed that people think a potentially 2 million dollar a year job should be handed out like its some patriot league job. Again he gets credit for the finish, but if warde interviews more qualified candidates and he comes to the conclusion that someone else is more deserving, and can take UConn farther, then so be it.

Reaction Score
The glaring difference to me between TJ and PN is PNs time as DC at MSU. Is there something else I'm missing or does this 6 year period make PN the savior to UCONN football?

Reaction Score
The glaring difference to me between TJ and PN is PNs time as DC at MSU. Is there something else I'm missing or does this 6 year period make PN the savior to UCONN football?
How bout Clawson or Lembo?

Reaction Score
Weist has earned the opportunity to interview. The three victories, albeit not against the top tier teams, has put UCONN in a much better place than it was just 4 weeks ago. Whether that was enough to be selected remains to be seen. It's a long shot at best. But, even if he doesn't get the gig, the experience should open up some options for him including staying on as the OC or heading a program in a non-power league.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he should be considered, and depending on what other legit options we have and considering whether or not somebody will give us a long term commitment, he may wind up being the best option

it was his first HC job, and he had to get his feet wet. Figure out who he is, who we are, and what gives us the best chance to win. I think we can say he seems to have found his stride.

I would rather keep TJ than hire some big name coordinator using us for a stepping stone

Reaction Score
Clawson, mediocre. 90-80 overall as HC. 31-30 @ BG. Lembo, much better overall record that allows a history of winning. Herman, no head coaching experience.

Lembo

Weist

Clawson
Narduzzi
Blah
Blah
Blah

Reaction Score
itgoeslike said:
Weist has earned the opportunity to interview. The three victories, albeit not against the top tier teams, has put UCONN in a much better place than it was just 4 weeks ago. Whether that was enough to be selected remains to be seen. It's a long shot at best. But, even if he doesn't get the gig, the experience should open up some options for him including staying on as the OC or heading a program in a non-power league.

You do understand that UCONN is in a non power league.

Reaction Score
You do understand that UCONN is in a non power league.

Yes. Although, UCONN's budgets are comparable to quite a few power conference schools. I was thinking MAC, CUSA, Sunbelt or even the right DII school. Somewhere he can assemble more of a track record as the head of a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom