TJ for Offensive Coordinator | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TJ for Offensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why on earth do we have another thread about this?? Good grief.

It's not that I think he wouldn't do a good job. But the subject has been covered ad nauseum in other threads over the last week. I guess we've run out of things to talk about? :confused:

I keep telling them to stop with the same new threads but do they listen? Noooooooo......:)

Reaction Score
If TJW was going to Oregon as OC - it would have happened soon after the USF season ended w/ the Bowl win.

Makes sense. But he just brought over the running back coach and another coach. If Craig from LSU doesn't come aboard, he could still ask TJ. If not hopefully he will be a strong candidate for UCONN.

Reaction Score
I keep telling them to stop with the same new threads but do they listen? Noooooooo.:)

Stop with the Boneyard policy already! Was there an actual TJ for offensive coordinator thread? I previously mentioned it in another thread about OC's in general but I wasn't aware that this was discussed in depth after Strong decided to bring over Gilbert which was announced to my knowledge on 12/30.

Reaction Score
Stop with the Boneyard policy already! Was there an actual TJ for offensive coordinator thread? I previously mentioned it in another thread about OC's in general but I wasn't aware that this was discussed in depth after Strong decided to bring over Gilbert which was announced to my knowledge on 12/30.

Carl, you need to learn to read what a smiley face means at the end of a sentence. Now this eye roll emoji is for you not realizing what the smiley face was for. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
CC.....you do know this has been discussed on here a few times? You also know that TJ wasn't singularly responsible for play calling at USF?

He was co-offensive coordinator with Darrin Heller who was the O-line coach and run game coordinator. If Edsall doesn't go after Foley maybe you bring in Heller too!

Reaction Score
Makes sense. But he just brought over the running back coach and another coach. If Craig from LSU doesn't come aboard, he could still ask TJ. If not hopefully he will be a strong candidate for UCONN.

The more I read your post, Confident Carl, you make a strong point.
Does make sense as the positions get filled around the country.... will be surprised if he doesn't go to Oregon but....

Understand some on here who would think V2.0 will probably go with someone who he has worked with before but like a few on the BY, would be excited to see TJ as OC.
Edsel is fairly well connected and wouldn't be surprised if something isn't already planned with someone other than TJ...
But TJ:
1) Knows the teams in the AAC better than any available or most candidates having coached against the current AAC teams.
2) Exhibited ability to coach in adverse interim conditions after PP fired and seemingly worked well with administration & Coach Foley.
Can open the offense up and just Coached USF to a bowl win over South Carolina. (Hung 41 points on an SEC team... hmmmm)
3) Knows what UCONN and Connecticut are all about.
4) Believe lived here for a year (2014) after not getting the HC position
5) Does have strong pedigree with schools such as Alabama. Michigan, Cincy in his resume.
6) Harbaugh would never have had him at Michigan if he didn't bring value and experience, even if only for a year.
7)Still loved what he did in assisting and showcased Geremy Davis talents and coached us when Cochran set the
single game passing record (ONLY TO SEE FHCBD virtually sit Davis out (& then GD gets drafted by the Giants) repeatedly
8) Most importantly: family seemed to really like it here.
9) second most important: Doesn't NEED A WINTER JACKET so we might be able to pay him less >>>>

Reaction Score
The more I read your post, Confident Carl, you make a strong point.
Does make sense as the positions get filled around the country.... will be surprised if he doesn't go to Oregon but....

Understand some on here who would think V2.0 will probably go with someone who he has worked with before but like a few on the BY, would be excited to see TJ as OC.
Edsel is fairly well connected and wouldn't be surprised if something isn't already planned with someone other than TJ...
But TJ:
1) Knows the teams in the AAC better than any available or most candidates having coached against the current AAC teams.
2) Exhibited ability to coach in adverse interim conditions after PP fired and seemingly worked well with administration & Coach Foley.
Can open the offense up and just Coached USF to a bowl win over South Carolina. (Hung 41 points on an SEC team... hmmmm)
3) Knows what UCONN and Connecticut are all about.
4) Believe lived here for a year (2014) after not getting the HC position
5) Does have strong pedigree with schools such as Alabama. Michigan, Cincy in his resume.
6) Harbaugh would never have had him at Michigan if he didn't bring value and experience, even if only for a year.
7)Still loved what he did in assisting and showcased Geremy Davis talents and coached us when Cochran set the
single game passing record (ONLY TO SEE FHCBD virtually sit Davis out (& then GD gets drafted by the Giants) repeatedly
8) Most importantly: family seemed to really like it here.
9) second most important: Doesn't NEED A WINTER JACKET so we might be able to pay him less >>>>

LOL Christmas is also prettier in CT than it is in Tampa! Come up to CT TJ, we have great schools for the kids!

IMG_0439.JPG

Reaction Score
I would love to see TJ come back as OC, but i don't think Randy has any connection to him at all. diaco surrounded himself with all his buddies and that was a disaster, so TJ would be a good choice for randy..Just not sure if he would go that route if he has no connection. I would hope that he would look back and see that TJ had some success here and consider it.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Since Charlie Strong is bringing his guy Sterling Gilbert from TX, I would love ❤️ to see TJ offered the OC/associate head coach position on RE's staff. He also had Shaun King, QB coach on his USF staff and I would like to see him come along with TJ to develop Donovan Williams. USF won 11 games last year and beat South Carolina in the Birmingham bowl. Not only could TJ bring some of that staff (who have FL high school coaching back grounds) but also some of their Florida High School recruits. I wrote a letter to Benedict and the athletic department expressing this idea. It would complete the Home Coming and it would certainly be well received by the fans! Interesting that both Randy and TJ have Birmingham bowl victories over SEC member South Carolina!

Report: Sterlin Gilbert, Matt Mattox joining Charlie Strong at South Florida

USF interim coach T.J. Weist uses 'Alabama way' in Birmingham Bowl
This dude is not coming here, enough of the man crush!

Reaction Score
TJ's offense throws the ball too much for Randy. It also scores too much and would take the spotlight off the "smash mouth" philosophy. Got to have OL be the stars not the QB and WRs.
So let me get this straight @Confident Carl you start a thread calling for TJ at OC and when TDHusky says he throws the ball too much and doesn't preach smash mouth football, you like his post. SO what is it?

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight @Confident Carl you start a thread calling for TJ at OC and when TDHusky says he throws the ball too much and doesn't preach smash mouth football, you like his post. SO what is it?

Dude, because he GOT the sarcasm. Watch Rose Bowl and then demand UConn gear their efforts to learning how to play on tbe offensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score

I believe he was being sarcastic!

Reaction Score
Dude, because he GOT the sarcasm. Watch Rose Bowl and then demand UConn gear their efforts to learning how to play on tbe offensive side of the ball.

Thank you. I posted before I saw your response.

Reaction Score
I would love to see TJ come back as OC, but i don't think Randy has any connection to him at all. diaco surrounded himself with all his buddies and that was a disaster, so TJ would be a good choice for randy..Just not sure if he would go that route if he has no connection. I would hope that he would look back and see that TJ had some success here and consider it.

Maybe TJ can use his MICHIGAN connections to get 4 star QB Shane Morris to come to Storrs. That should get Randy's attention! Maybe Warde can help out a little too. Randy had a good experience with Zach Frazier.

QB Morris leaving Michigan, can play in 2017

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/11276

Reaction Score

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Rick Neuheisel. Bring pro-style offense to the Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom