Tired of Mediocrity | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tired of Mediocrity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As to Houston - there will probably be more talent on that roster by accident than we can get on purpose.
That's true. The good news is they only can play with 11 at a time. There is a ton of talent out there and we do need get more aggressive in our reach. It amazes me what God forsaken places like Nevada, Boise State, New Mexico, And Utah can pull together from 7 man football teams.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. I coached at a very high level soccer - both boys and girls and got involved in tons of recruitment. UConn is not easy to get into if you are an athlete have low B or lower grades and your SATs are in the lower 3/5ths nationally. We had 2 kids who were dying to play for Coach Len and were not accepted but 1 went to Duke and the other went to UVA. I had guys who looked at UConn and were told to look elsewhere - where did the go? UNC, Michigan, Colgate, Bates..... I know there are exceptions, especially on basketball and to a lesser extent in football but there are reasons for that and it's at all schools.
Stanford, yes; the Ivies, yes; Northwestern, yes and isolated others
Not sure about ND - I know of one kid who wanted to play baseball at UConn, told he had to go to Avery Point but got into ND to play

I suppose I could have worded my post differently. If UConn wants you grades won't keep you out like they will at some of the other schools you mentioned. Not getting into UConn but getting into Duke I'm willing to bet it was because they didn't work in the system UConn coaches were trying to play (not sure how soccer recruiting works can only speak to basketball, football and track) not because of grades. What you're saying implies its "easier" to get into UConn than Duke as an athlete.

Reaction Score
That's true. The good news is they only can play with 11 at a time. There is a ton of talent out there and we do need get more aggressive in our reach. It amazes me what God forsaken places like Nevada, Boise State, New Mexico, And Utah can pull together from 7 man football teams.

I wonder if we even recruit the 7/7 teams. Lots of playmakers in that realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom