Tina, Kiah & Swin vs Sue, Breanna & Kaleena 7:00 tonite | The Boneyard

Tina, Kiah & Swin vs Sue, Breanna & Kaleena 7:00 tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some W games are hard to watch. This is NOT one of them.

Seattle is putting up a lot of points, but not by Stewie or Jewell. No KML sighting yet.

For anyone who has been in a cave for 10 years, Tina Charles is really, really good.

Reaction Score
First half was a good game, Seattle played them even. Second half Seattle getting pounded by a more physical team, plus they can't hit the broad side of a barn

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good news for Seattle is that they're finally getting some good offensive output from their supporting cast (midway through 3rd quarter, Clark 18, Tokashiki 15, Langhorne 10).

Bad news is that the all-star trio of Bird, Loyd, and Stewart is having a nightmare shooting game, currently 4 of 24.

ETA: Back to some good news: Stewart is having a career rebounding night (currently 17). She also just got a couple inside buckets, just what the doctor ordered, cutting the deficit to 5.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Stewart with a career high 17 rebounds and counting. The storm aren't dead yet...

Reaction Score
13-2 run by Storm brings it back within 5 points with 4+minutes to go. Stewie instrumental, has 17 rebounds. Tina has her normal double-double. Time out Laimbeer

Reaction Score
Stewie, Bird & Loyd a combined 7 for 32! Yeah, Seattle lost.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Late in the game, Stewie gets Tina on the head fake and drives by her to the open bucket. But here comes Kiah Stokes for a rejection. It's awesome watching these players against each other.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kiah's block on Stewie was just epic. Fun game to watch. Tough loss for Seattle after putting together a great comeback run in the fourth quarter. Jewell had a wide-open 3 that would've tied the game. Instead, her miss seemed to sap Seattle's momentum. It happens.

Reaction Score
In Q4 Stewie put a spectacular move on Stokes for a layup. Then later, when the Storm were close and threatening, Kiah had a very impressive block on Stewie after she had beaten her primary defender. Bad shooting day by Storm or they could have won. I think they'll be for real sooner than anyone thought.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, they didn't shoot the ball well, but Stewie had 17 boards and Sue had 10 assists. If Jewell and Stewie and made shots, Sue could have had 15 assists.

Reaction Score
Looked like a workout session in Storrs. At times, five UConn players on the court.

Is it me? Or is Stokes getting better and better? Seems to me that she had at least two more blocks that were called fouls. Breanna seemed to meet her match in Tina and Kia. No shock and awe there!

But KML needs to get with another team. Cannot believe that the Storm were all having lousy shooting nights, and the coach didn't put in one of the best pure shooters in the country! What's up with that?

And contrary to Schimmel, KML is a big strong, stocky player. Looks in good form to me. Why isn't she playing more?

Reaction Score
But KML needs to get with another team. Cannot believe that the Storm were all having lousy shooting nights, and the coach didn't put in one of the best pure shooters in the country! What's up with that?

And contrary to Schimmel, KML is a big strong, stocky player. Looks in good form to me. Why isn't she playing more?

She's shot 3 of 19 from the three point line this year. Because 3-point shooting is such an important part of what she offers to a pro team, it's understandable that the coach would hesitate before putting her in, unfortunately. :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena needs to lose a few pounds and find her shot. I'm surprised at her shooting.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
K and Shoni are two young woman who are squandering their careers by being overweight.
There, I said it.
I hate the euphemism of being in good shape.
They're irresponsibly not at their correct playing weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom