Tina Charles | The Boneyard

Tina Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched the game on SNY last night, not every minute, but did not hear an explanation. And didn't see her on the bench. A brief article about the game on WNBA.com mentioned that she was rested. But that doesn't explain her not being on the bench.

Once again, crappy public relations from the WNBA.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Bill, in a press conference, said she was tired and needed rest from carrying the entire team (I added that last part). She was given the day off. They all need to rest or something. They have looked terrible lately.

Reaction Score
The game was in Chicago, and Tina didn't make the trip. She's certainly earned the rest. They need some people to get healthy for the playoffs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
probably had to drive the recruits in from the airport
Was there a "Wendy's" sighting?!!
Bill, in a press conference, said she was tired and needed rest from carrying the entire team (I added that last part). She was given the day off. They all need to rest or something. They have looked terrible lately.
I agree - not sure what's ailing them, but I think unless they get their act together, they could go down in their first playoff series (do they have a bye in the first round?)...

Reaction Score
Was there a "Wendy's" sighting?!!
I agree - not sure what's ailing them, but I think unless they get their act together, they could go down in their first playoff series (do they have a bye in the first round?)...

I'm not sure but I hear she was wearing her championship rings and gold medals.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
They do have a bye. Yeah they are so inconsistent my confidence level is low. I think they will struggle against most playoff teams right now. So if they have a switch, now would be a good time to turn it on.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It has been a bit of a strange final week with most teams having pretty well solidified their positions - MN and LA as 1 and 2 was decided with the MN win last Tues basically, SA and Dallas were out for weeks, and DC and CT were lottery bound by last weekend. NY had #3 pretty locked up two weeks ago. So it was really just positioning in the middle with the most important spot #4 and a bye in the first round a long shot for Ind or Atl.
Lots of players being given nights off, or in the case of MN being used sparingly in games. It makes a lot of sense for the Olympians, but has seemed a little less obvious for those who had the month off. With LA and MN getting a week off with their double byes, if I were coaching I think I would be looking more at building momentum. That is especially true with LA who had no Olympians - this three week run to the playoffs shouldn't have been that exhausting.

Reaction Score
If you watched the Minn game the other night, reeves gave the olympians 2 days in a row off, played their game, then had 2 more days. Seems like other teams should have followed suit

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Minn has 10 days off after tonight, weird that the players needed time off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads