Times For This Weekend… | The Boneyard

Times For This Weekend…

Reaction Score
I know we play Thursday night at 8pm but what’s the rest of the weekend looking like as far as times go ? I could not understand the bracket when I looked at it -almost like it had two sides. Just trying to figure out times because it is going to be a busy weekend with family and friends and trying to plan accordingly.

Reaction Score
Everyone plays 3 games, so the bracket does have two sides. Winners of the first round move on to the right, losers to the left.

For game 2, UConn plays at 9:30 eastern if they beat Oregon; midnight eastern if they lose to Oregon.

Reaction Score
All depends if we win or lose, Friday's game will either be 10 PM EST if we beat Oregon or 12:30 AM EST if we lose to Oregon
And I believe if we win both we play in the Championship at 10pm Sunday which kind of sucks. I think I saw the third place game would be at 3:30pm. Was hoping the ship would be earlier

Reaction Score
Everyone plays 3 games, so the bracket does have two sides. Winners of the first round move on to the right, losers to the left.

For game 2, UConn plays at 9:30 eastern if they beat Oregon; midnight eastern if they lose to Oregon.
OK thanks -from the bracket I saw it looked like if they win they jump to Saturday night and if they lose they play on Friday but the bracket was kind of blurry.

Reaction Score
Where's the bracket. Didn't see name of tourney on UC site.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Wtf kind of times are these... most people going to the games are either traveling or have work off so why not start them earlier
Almost seems like they’re trying to build in an advantage for the west coast teams, Ie Oregon….

Reaction Score
Almost seems like they’re trying to build in an advantage for the west coast teams, Ie Oregon….
What do you mean? The games won't be all that late out on PST

Reaction Score
Wtf kind of times are these... most people going to the games are either traveling or have work off so why not start them earlier
Because the games are happening on the west coast. It's the same time as all the MSG tournaments, we're just 3 hours ahead

Reaction Score
Because the games are happening on the west coast. It's the same time as all the MSG tournaments, we're just 3 hours ahead
Right, I just feel like west coast tournaments usually cater to all the timezones (e.g., Maui invitational starting so early)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
What do you mean? The games won't be all that late out on PST
Yeah that’s the point. For Oregon it’ll be a time they’re used to playing at where as that wont be the case for the east coast teams.

The comment was somewhat tongue in cheek but its definitely an advantage. Idk what the data says for late tips on the west coast for east coast teams but the opposite has definitely been shown to be true. Ie, early tips on the east coast are an advantage for east coast teams when playing west coast teams.

Reaction Score
So , it’s entirely possible that we cud be playing #1 UNC at 10pm Sunday night after a long thxsgiving weekend and my eyes blurry from watching football all day with an early get up Monday am for back to the grind? Throw in eating and drinking all weekend. Yeesh. Welp , at least something to look forward to as the holiday weekend comes to an end. I’m all for later in the night tips, but These times r a little ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Do we really need to explain time zones..?
Lol Interesting that the schedule makers wud skip playing on Saturday(when does that ever happen?) and decide to play Sunday night going up against NFL and Sunday travel day etc…. Always love these holiday tourneys but miss when we used to play on mondays/Tuesdays and championship was wed night- the bars wud be hopping. Sorry just bored at work but still think it’s weird. Lol

Reaction Score
Do we really need to explain time zones..?
That's horrible that they skip Sat. for games. For people travelling that have limited time, now you have an additional day that you have to be away with no games.

Reaction Score
And another thing is they have a 5 hour layover in between games on Sunday. (3:30 and 10pm) Cud this schedule be any dumber? Only thing left to tell me now is I have to stream it on FoxSports4. Lol. (I kno it’s on ESPN 2)

Reaction Score
And another thing is they have a 5 hour layover in between games on Sunday. (3:30 and 10pm) Cud this schedule be any dumber? Only thing left to tell me now is I have to stream it on FoxSports4. Lol. (I kno it’s on ESPN 2)
Not true, those slots are for the 5th and 7th place games for both of the men's brackets so there will be 4 games in that gap

Reaction Score
Right, I just feel like west coast tournaments usually cater to all the timezones (e.g., Maui invitational starting so early)
Yeah but sometimes they give us the middle finger.

Its all good but I just never like losing that late at night.

Reaction Score
Not true, those slots are for the 5th and 7th place games for both of the men's brackets so there will be 4 games in that gap
Fair enough. Still wacked out schedule. I’ll be watching tho. Lol.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Makes zero sense to take a day off unless they are hoping that the people who traveled will spend some money outside the arena to pump some cash in the local economy

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom