Time to lower our expectations | The Boneyard

Time to lower our expectations

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
There are too many flaws with this current team. Only having one capable ball handler is a big problem. Being unable to shoot well is a gigantic issue. If Cole ever got injured, this team would not win against any decent team. Let’s just be happy that we finally have good recruiting classes again and not expect too much, and be happy if we make the tourney.

Reaction Score
There are too many flaws with this current team. Only having one capable ball handler is a big problem. Being unable to shoot well is a gigantic issue. If Cole ever got injured, this team would not win against any decent team. Let’s just be happy that we finally have good recruiting classes again and not expect too much, and be happy if we make the tourney.
Agree 100%

Reaction Score
The team is a bit better than that once Sanogo returns. At full strength this team has March run potential, IF they pass well and play smart.

Reaction Score
That’s fine but what does it say about our coaching that our recruiting has taken a gigantic leap forward and we are lowering our expectations???

Reaction Score
Most people on the board had realistic expectations. Most of the high end of predictions were second weekend, not really further than that. Those who thought we were top-10 material just wear blue tinted glasses. The offense has been an issue since Ollie, and it hasn’t gotten MUCH better under Hurley. We need to recruit more playmakers and 1v1 creators, not just intriguing athletes. Glad we got Castle because he should be able to contribute in that was Day 1.

Reaction Score
Most people on the board had realistic expectations. Most of the high end of predictions were second weekend, not really further than that. Those who thought we were top-10 material just wear blue tinted glasses. The offense has been an issue since Ollie, and it hasn’t gotten MUCH better under Hurley. We need to recruit more playmakers and 1v1 creators, not just intriguing athletes. Glad we got Castle because he should be able to contribute in that was Day 1.
Exactly, we're 9-3 and a borderline top 25 team with close losses to 3 other borderline top 25 teams. Pretty much the definition of a team with a ceiling of second weekend and what 90% of the board predicted preseason

Reaction Score
If you have to lower your expectations that’s on you but thanks for letting everyone know

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I think someone hacked my phone or the NY Giants have made me accept mediocrity. Whatever the case is, UConn is expected to win and win a lot. I don’t except mediocrity

Reaction Score
I think someone hacked my phone or the NY Giants have made me accept mediocrity. Whatever the case is, UConn is expected to win and win a lot. I don’t except mediocrity
But it may be the reality that we might have to accept, barring any brainiac adjustments made on both offense and defense.

Reaction Score
Lets not be whiny babies, Ollie did that well at the tail end of his career here. We ARE HUSKIES!!!! Yes, we may have gotten kicked in the mouth a few times. FEAR NOT! We will get up and whoop some good ole fashion you know what!!!!

Reaction Score
Can we just see what happens tonight with some Sanogo minutes before we run Hurley out of town? At full strength we‘ve shown ability to compete and win against tough teams.

Reaction Score
Can we just see what happens tonight with some Sanogo minutes before we run Hurley out of town? At full strength we‘ve shown ability to compete and win against tough teams.

I don't think anyone wants to run Hurley out of town. It's just that in year 4 people want to see some real ball movement and effective in game coaching decisions and roster management. We certainly have the athletes and potential to look much better offensively, especially if our depth is used properly. Lots of other teams should look gassed in the last 5-10 minutes, but if our "depth" is glued to the bench it won't happen. A combined 10-15 minutes for Diggins and Johnson could make a big difference in terms of guys like Cole and Martin being able to make plays down the stretch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
STOP! If Sanago and Martin didn’t get hurt we would have one loss and everyone would be positive.

Reaction Score
Screw that.

Reaction Score
I guess this depends on what your expectations were to begin with. The team has 3 Quad 1 losses I think by a total of 11 points? Two of these without at least 1 starter. There are problems. The depth at guard and the shooting are real concerns. However, I'm still thinking this team can make some noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom