Time to hope FSU and Clemson --> SEC | The Boneyard

Time to hope FSU and Clemson --> SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That brings the ACC back down to 12, and potentially creates a market for them to need 4 more schools. There is no way that UConn isn't in that.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
That brings the ACC back down to 12, and potentially creates a market for them to need 4 more schools. There is no way that UConn isn't in that.

All of the ACC schools (including FSU and Clemson) unanomously voted to increase the buyout to leave the league to $20MM earlier this week. Don't count on FSU or Clemson leaving...doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech was in the lawsuit before they were in the ACC.

I know, it's not likely. At this point, though, we really need to hope. It's strange and sad that great bball programs like Kansas, UConn, and Louisville are in some danger of being left out.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't know if an upped exit fee would really keep FSU from going to the SEC if they wanted to go. If they have a lot of high roller boosters I could imagine they'd be able to raise the difference in a few months. Just my guess.

Reaction Score
I don't know if an upped exit fee would really keep FSU from going to the SEC if they wanted to go. If they have a lot of high roller boosters I could imagine they'd be able to raise the difference in a few months. Just my guess.

But the fact that they voted for it tells you they don't think it's real likely that they jump.

Reaction Score
But the fact that they voted for it tells you they don't think it's real likely that they jump.

BC actually voted for a higher exit fee for the BE while they were talking to the ACC. It's kinda hard to say, "No, that's a bad idea" when everyone else is for it.

Reaction Score
Best possible outcomes for UConn are

A. Join the ACC possibly with Rutgers making it a 16 team league, or 14 if FSU and Clemson bolt.
B. Hope Oklahoma heads west and the B12 breaks up, add Kansas, KSU, Baylor, and or Mizzou.

A is by far the best outcome, adding the B12 schools will stabilize things in the short term but we're still stuck with a hybrid BB FB league. The UConn administration had better be on the phones as we speak.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
BC actually voted for a higher exit fee for the BE while they were talking to the ACC. It's kinda hard to say, "No, that's a bad idea" when everyone else is for it.
I'm pretty sure that BC abstained from that vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom